error: Please make sure you have the latest video card drivers.

samyco64

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

when I click on the desktop icon to play, the following message appear:

error: Please make sure you have the latest video card drivers.

I installed the lastest  video card  but the problem still.

Note: the second life game was worked before on this computer, but when I installed windows 8.1  (64bit)  I can't play it.

Please what can I do?

all the system requirments are presented.

My PC is: HP compaq dc7900 convertible minitower ,    Video card: Intel(R) Q45/43 Express chipset

Is there a solution ?

thank you for your help.

2 answers to this question

Why do people upgrade from Windows 7 [any version] to Windows 8.1? Not all Graphics Cards / Subsystems and associated drivers work correctly in Windows 8.1 which requires more modern components.

Please post your PC/Laptop's Make and Model here + the Make and Model of the Graphics Card / Subsystem in it.

Please update your question with the requested information as follows:  Select the Options drop-down menu to the right of your question and select Edit Question.

EDIT:

Oh Ouch - That chipset is 2009 technology and not approved for Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 - Windows 7 was the last OS that a driver was created for that graphic s subsystem.

You really need to get back on Windows 7 if you expect to have any access to SL. This said, this chip set will only provide the most basic low quality experience in SL.

Capture-Q45.PNG

On top of that, this PC was specifically designed for basic business use with a non-hyperthreaded dual core CPU. You could add a nicer nvidia graphics board to it to make SL prettier.  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.