A suicidal person blackmails my friend for her partner slot.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

[5:53:36 PM] Me: I am sorry we haven't talked much also
[5:53:45 PM] Me: I just rarely have anything interesting to say
[5:58:52 PM] Me: wait a minute what happened to that guy you were seeing?
[5:59:22 PM] My friend : guy i was seeing?
[6:00:18 PM] Me: You had somebody's name in your profile for a while
[6:00:27 PM] Me: I need to read your profile again
[6:00:36 PM] My friend : oh some crazy as **bleep** stalker dude who was blackmailing me for my partiner slot
[6:00:47 PM] Me: whoa
[6:01:01 PM] My friend : threatened to kill himself so much his mom has me on speed dial to talk him down
[6:01:32 PM] Me: how do you put up with that?
[6:01:51 PM] Me: Kids these days... holy **bleep**.
[6:01:55 PM] My friend : i didnt think i could look at myself if he killed himself if i could stop it
[6:02:28 PM] Me: **bleep**
[6:02:40 PM] Me: Im so sorry
[6:02:55 PM] My friend : huggles
[6:03:10 PM] Me: I guess it's a good thing I didn't partner you right away, huh? :(
[6:03:26 PM] Me: would've had to departner me just so you could comply with the demands
[6:03:52 PM] My friend : true
[6:03:58 PM] My friend : and had to oddly explain
[6:04:02 PM] *** Me hugs back tightly ***
[6:04:40 PM] Me: should report him to LL on the phone and get him banned discretely
[6:05:22 PM] Me: suicide blackmail for a second life partner slot. if you went to the media about it it'd probably go viral.
[6:06:50 PM] My friend : idk if id want to be in the face of everyone
[6:11:03 PM] Me: you mean on the media?
[6:11:12 PM] Me: I'm not sure what you mean
[6:11:14 PM] My friend : yeah or just going public with it
[6:11:28 PM] Me: I've never heard of this happening before

threatening to kill yourself if you don't get what you want always seems so counter productive to me.

If the target of the blackmail doesn't comply, you kill yourself and their problem goes away after all...

Of course most such persons never follow through on their threats to kill themselves, and this being the internet you'd never know if they did or not anyway.

Even if they disappear from sl and you never see them again, that most likely just means they created a new account...

Mute them, maybe file an AR (blackmail is a TOS violation after all), if you own land put them on the banlist, and that's it

Obviously, I can only quote my own experiences, but having recently lost a friend to suicide I can say, there was no warnings, he never threatened it, he never told anyone how low he was feeling, he was just here today and gone tomorrow. That was the hardest part to deal with, wondering if I had missed some kind if glaring sign. The Nurse at the hospital said 90% of the time if someone makes a big song and dance threaten to commit suicide, it never happens, that person is crying out for help. Not sure how true that is, but my friend never said a word.

Erk Gloom wrote:

[6:00:36 PM]
My friend : oh some crazy as **bleep** stalker dude who was blackmailing me for my partiner slot

[6:00:47 PM] Me: whoa

[6:01:01 PM]
My friend : threatened to kill himself so much his mom has me on speed dial to talk him down

Your friend doesn't have a good grasp on boundaries, or personal privacy.  Why in the hell would some kook on the internet's MOM have her phone number?!  

Geez louise, people bring this drama onto themselves.

ZoeTick wrote:

Ashy Calcutt wrote:

why put this here?.. don't make sense

Where do YOU think it should be put?

I don't think these forums have a "Suicide & Blackmail" section.

You didn't understand the question.  It's not about what section to put your post. 

It's WHY did you feel the need to bring this nonsense to the forum?  What is your purpose of posting your friend's clueless behavior?   Or, of the unhinged blackmailer/would-be suicidal person?

Your friend could have filed an abuse report on the person, but instead they chose to play along.  So, it's really not your business.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.