What happened to all the sex spots?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been around a long time and I've seen a lot of sex spots.  I've never seen so many places go.  One of the biggest places I've known that's been around a long time is Bukkake Bliss.  What happened to everything?  Are the carebears pushing away Satin's finest?

All over SL you see people retreating to their private skyboxes, and those same people then moan in group chat and forums that there's nobody around in the public places...

And that's not just sex places, it's almost everything.

Combine that with the income from donations having hit rock bottom, with more and more people expecting to get everything for free (the entitlement culture meeting up with economic hard times) and it gets more expensive for sim owners to stay in business at the same time traffic levels are down.

This has been an ongoing process for years now btw. New places do get started, but you need to search for them.

The very

can still be found in many locations all over the grid.

Typically locations disappear because of funding issues. Not many have figured out how to monetise a hangout type sim, and with today's RL economy, spending on virtual land is often the first thing to go.

Don't worry though, this market segment is still alive and well. Just the usual 'churn' as people lose interest, pair off or enter financial difficulty. Funnily enough, my most recent experiences of "sex spots" (haha) is that a lot of them are now just empty, as the users themselves begin to 'huddle' in the highest-traffic areas. This is more for ego reasons than any 'risk' or 'worry'.

(In fact, Conall Decuir just advertised a newly-created spot while I wrote this post, serendipitous!)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.