Image limits and the consequences.

Suspiria Finucane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Irene Muni wrote:

Wildcat Furse wrote:

Cato Badger wrote:

incorrectly spelled, jumbled up in sentences that make no sense and in a language that few comprehend.

one of the strengths of second life is the rich mixture of languages, I find it amazing and educative that people are trying at least to make themselves understandable in a language that is not their native one, kudos to all of those .... *meows*

And after Cato Badger wrote: "@Wildcat: "Trying" isn't good enough.".

Cato, do you want a forum of residents around the world (and then, with "bad" English"), or many forums with "perfect" English, Spanish. Portuguese, German....? I prefer find and socialize with people of all the world even at the cost of use VeryBad English, Spanish, Japanese, or GoogleTranslator. I
I
people,
not
the correctness of their
language

- - - - - - - - - -

About images, I think that limit the number is a no sense, specially if we attend at SL Answers.

well said Irene *meows*

@Winter:  I do agree with you except for the limiting it to rank level. I had been working as an application trainer in RL in the past and I found pictures with the simple use of English are the best instruction guides for multi-lingual and multi-cultural class participants. I have been trying to do my best to help residents that were posting questions in non-kudo forums using the very same method. If we restrict them to Member and above, there will be no chance for mere low ranking residents like myself to contribute to the community. I mean how many higher ranking residents saved for a few that are really bothered to participate in what they consider as 'purposeless' forums like the Off Topic for example?

@Cato: Sorry totally disagree here I completely agree with Wildcat.

Pictures represent the body language that is not visable in typed text. They mean the difference between a snarky statement or a joke. They add colour to language. They are great.

As an example which of these two would influence ones reply as either positive or negative?

36_5_11[1].gif23_50_3.gif

Now the "lolcats" and pics of humour can bring a smile to ones face:

Grump

As far as language is concerned this is an international platform. good thing for us LL isn't based in Koln or we would have "lolkatz".

:)

@Keli: you owe me girl I fell off my chair and am now "butthurt". What a perfect pic.36.gif

You just made the case for the value of pics.

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Cato Badger wrote:

@Wildcat: It is apparent that you are an "images" rather than a "text" entity. Most animals are.

Come on Cato images are fun! Have some fun. I would hate to have to give you one of these.
;)

RankBH.jpg

Edited: @Cato your style of writing does bring up memories....hhhhmm

Cato Badger wrote:

@Wildcat: Sorry, but you are expressing yourself imprecisely. Do you mean you think I deserve more respect (agreed) or I should be more respectful to others (which I am when they earn it.)

hahahaha you are hilarious and I am laughing hysterically. Seriously, I've been at the point of hyperventilating. I'm thinking about hiring u as my personal second life Jester. Sorry, got to run now hahahahahaha. LOL! *meows*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.