Image limits and the consequences.

Suspiria Finucane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yesterday my forum badge image disappeared. It was only then I realized I was over the image limit. You do not get a warning. The system just continually replaces the first image in sequence. The only way you know is if you see a post that had a pic and it's gone or like me, your badge disappears.

The unfortunate part is I had images on answers that have now been deleted. Any future reference to those answers will now be devoid of the images. Since I don't know what answers they were on I can't replace them and I'm not going to search for hours on end to find them.

I also had images on other threads that I have no idea where they were.

Why can’t we have linked images from an outside website?

LL help us help our community.

ETA To remove any numbers

Linden Lab,

Please consider removing the limit on number of images, or consider authorising well-known image hosting sites such as ImageShack, yFrog, Flickr, Picassa, and pics.sluniverse.com.

Perhaps this could be a forum rank priviledge.Each rank level could gain a larger number of uploads, and once you attain a rank of say, "Member" or "Advisor", you gain the ability to post images from certain preauthorised offsite sources.

Winter Ventura wrote:

Linden Lab,

Please consider removing the limit on number of images, or consider authorising well-known image hosting sites such as ImageShack, yFrog, Flickr, Picassa, and pics.sluniverse.com.

Perhaps this could be a forum rank priviledge.Each rank level could gain a larger number of uploads, and once you attain a rank of say, "Member" or "Advisor", you gain the ability to post images from certain preauthorised offsite sources.

/me owes Winter one Kudo :smileywink:

Venus Petrov wrote:

@Suspiria:  In the Community Tools User meeting which you attended, it was announced that the image limit had been raised from 100 to 500.

Raymond Linden: We increased the # of image uploads to 500

And that's going to get my deleted images back how exactly?

I deleted all numbers, same difference when everyone hits that limit in a month since it only took a week for 100.

PS Did they fix the no warning?

Cato Badger wrote:

@Wildcat: As a friend of mine has previously pointed out, a picture might be worth a thousand words, but they are usually kindergarten standard, incorrectly spelled, jumbled up in sentences that make no sense and in a language that few comprehend.

I don't agree with you at all, what is 'kindergarten standard' to you? I prefer visualization over text writing and enjoy watching pictures posted by different residents here *meows*

Cato Badger wrote:

incorrectly spelled, jumbled up in sentences that make no sense and in a language that few comprehend.

one of the strengths of second life is the rich mixture of languages, I find it amazing and educative that people are trying at least to make themselves understandable in a language that is not their native one, kudos to all of those .... *meows*

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Yesterday my forum badge image disappeared. It was only then I realized I was over the image limit. You do not get a warning. The system just continually replaces the first image in sequence. The only way you know is if you see a post that had a pic and it's gone or like me, your badge disappears.

The unfortunate part is I had images on answers that have now been deleted. Any future reference to those answers will now be devoid of the images. Since I don't know what answers they were on I can't replace them and I'm not going to search for hours on end to find them.

I also had images on other threads that I have no idea where they were.

Why can’t we have linked images from an outside website?

LL help us help our community.

ETA To remove any numbers

Or have the images saved along with the text of the post, like the old system. I agree this system is going to be very bad for the answer section even with the increase to 500 images, it just means it will take us longer to get there but we will get there. :smileysurprised:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Wildcat Furse wrote:

Pictures say more than thousands words
, I'll keep posting them with a smile on my face and I do hope LL will not limit this, second life is a colorful world and it should be shown to the masses *meows*

I am also hoping.
:)

/me gives Keli a big warm lick on her cheeks :smileyvery-happy: *meows*

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

@Suspiria:  In the Community Tools User meeting which you attended, it was announced that the image limit had been raised from 100 to 500.

Raymond Linden: We increased the # of image uploads to 500

And that's going to get my deleted images back how exactly?

I deleted all numbers, same difference when everyone hits that limit in a month since it only took a week for 100.

PS Did they fix the no warning?

Those are questions you will have to ask LL.

Wildcat Furse wrote:

Cato Badger wrote:

incorrectly spelled, jumbled up in sentences that make no sense and in a language that few comprehend.

one of the strengths of second life is the rich mixture of languages, I find it amazing and educative that people are trying at least to make themselves understandable in a language that is not their native one, kudos to all of those .... *meows*

And after Cato Badger wrote: "@Wildcat: "Trying" isn't good enough.".

Cato, do you want a forum of residents around the world (and then, with "bad" English"), or many forums with "perfect" English, Spanish. Portuguese, German....? I prefer find and socialize with people of all the world even at the cost of use VeryBad English, Spanish, Japanese, or GoogleTranslator. I I like people, not the correctness of their language.

- - - - - - - - - -

About images, I think that limit the number is a no sense, specially if we attend at SL Answers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.