Selling L

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Magnus Brody wrote:

LlewLlwyd wrote:

Magnus Brody wrote:

It was clear to me that you did not accuse me of being Rab C Nesbitt, rather you accused me of spending a great deal of time in a country which regarded him as the "acme of wit" which would be a generic stereotyping of me by nationality or by the nationality of those I associate with, which as stated previously, was a racist remark.  Racist because you rely on the fundamental underpinning which is racism, this being "
The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics,  abilities, or qualities specific to that race".  Not all Scots regard Rab C Nesbitt to be the "acme of wit" and to suggest, as you have, is a racist stereotyping.

Methinks the lady doth protest o'ermuch.

[PS The Scots aren't a race; they don't even want to govern themselves.]

Methinks you are an idiot, that doesn't mean I'm right. Methinks you have made a racist remark and built upon it, that is readable and clear.

Mewonders what you'll be called next week.

Forgive me for interjecting here but I believe you are misusing the term 'racist'. Correct me if I am wrong.

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Magnus Brody wrote:

LlewLlwyd wrote:

Magnus Brody wrote:

It was clear to me that you did not accuse me of being Rab C Nesbitt, rather you accused me of spending a great deal of time in a country which regarded him as the "acme of wit" which would be a generic stereotyping of me by nationality or by the nationality of those I associate with, which as stated previously, was a racist remark.  Racist because you rely on the fundamental underpinning which is racism, this being "
The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics,  abilities, or qualities specific to that race".  Not all Scots regard Rab C Nesbitt to be the "acme of wit" and to suggest, as you have, is a racist stereotyping.

Methinks you are an idiot, that doesn't mean I'm right. Methinks you have made a racist remark and built upon it, that is readable and clear.

Forgive me for interjecting here but I believe you are misusing the term 'racist'. Correct me if I am wrong.

You, of course, are not wrong.

Calling the Scots a "race" would be like suggesting that the inhabitants of South Carolina were a race apart.

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Magnus Brody wrote:

LlewLlwyd wrote:

Magnus Brody wrote:

You're forgiven! No, I don't think I am.

Interesting GENERAL DISCUSSION, during which I've learned a lot from the forum lawyers...

I think this evening I have learned the following:

it is against the rules to state you think someone to be an idiot, even if you don't actually accuse them of being one. However it is perfectly acceptable to:

- mock someone (who may be an idiot) and ask if they are on medication

- infer by nationality that someone is like a stereotypical joke of their own nationality

- sarcastically and continually repost the same pic rather than just being helpful

- continually reappear here in various guises to state the same boring thing over and over

- alter in reply as a "quote" what has been clearly said and on record above.

I do wonder why I campaigned for the GD to be returned if this is what it is now, quite sick and very tiring.

This has been a good lurking cure.

LlewLlwyd wrote

Hey Marcus, perhaps you could help, and, where relevant click the link at the bottom left of every post here if that post is inappropriately located. The Community Guidelines even exhort participants to help the moderators by doing so:

Report inappropriate content for moderator review

Moderating a discussion site is a daunting task; our forums alone see in excess of 10,000 posts per week.
You can help by reporting abuse when you spot it.
If you see a post you feel violates the Community Participation Guidelines, or our Terms of Service, then please
click the Report Inappropriate Content link that appears in each post, and let us know why you feel the post is inappropriate.

It's Magnus, with a G and an N, no R and no C.

Magnus Brody wrote:

I do wonder why I campaigned for the GD to be returned
if this is what it is now, quite sick and very tirin
g.

This has been a good lurking cure.

Yes, yes you are.  The same old same old as they say in the south. 

Magnus Brody wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Magnus Brody wrote:

LlewLlwyd wrote:

Magnus Brody wrote:

You're forgiven! No, I don't think I am.

I think you're definitely using it incorrectly.  LLewd was referencing your nationality, not your race.  Therefore, you may consider it representive of prejudice against your nationality, but you have no grounds upon which to consider it racist... there is a difference.

...Dres *won't even get into the fact that a person's sense of humor is often influenced by the community in which they are embedded and how differentiating between what people of different countries find funny isn't necessarily a bad thing*  (Unless, of course, your main goal is to overly vilify someone for whom you simply do not care.)

Magnus Brody wrote:

Magnus Brody wrote:

No, I don't think

FIFY!

I think that's what you originally posted, and edited 3 times.

Hmmm, I can't find anything in the ToS about it being a disciplinary offence to edit a post.

In fact, perhaps you might consider doing so to yours so that they make more sense, as your formatting of quotations leaves much to be desired in terms of cogency.

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

I think you're definitely using it incorrectly.  LLewd was referencing your nationality, not your race.

And anyway, it would be self-deprecating; the Scots are only the Welsh that tried to swim to Ireland, but got lost.

[Apart from the ones that are the part-descendants of Scandinavian rape and pillage]

LlewLlwyd wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

I think you're definitely using it incorrectly.  LLewd was referencing your nationality, not your race.

And anyway, it would be self-deprecating; the Scots are only the Welsh that tried to swim to Ireland, but got lost.

[Apart from the ones that are the part-descendants of Scandinavian rape and pillage]

Don't screw with me, you wretched, gargoylian, sack of filth.

...Dres *apologizes for misspelling your name*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.