Selling L

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3288 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is it true that I have to first buy some L, then wait a month or so, in order to sell L?

Also is LindenX the only place to sell L? I saw a lot of websites selling MMO currency for RL currency.

And about the RL currency, is it possible to sell L for Canadian dollars or is it USD only?

LlewLlwyd wrote:

I don't want an L, but I'll buy an X or a J if you have any.

I'm losing to my wife at Scrabble [tm] at the moment, so I am willing to make a pretty high bid.

/Fail. Next time try harder pls.

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Answers.jpg

2.png

Also, you think I haven't already used the answers search?

Well then if using words for any purpose equals discussion, then lets just do away with forum categories all together. They all just use words, right?  So just throw them all in one big unorganized forum and be done with it. 

Unless the mods provide some kind of carrot/stick for taking the time for posting in a relevant forum, this is what we will get. Maybe the mods like moving posts around all the time? I don't know. But this looks to me like just another signal that LL would be happy to see the forums just die off.  I dont even bother answering questions anymore because the reply function is so broken, and not a peep out of LL about it!

Suki Hirano wrote:

LlewLlwyd wrote:

I don't want an L, but I'll buy an X or a J if you have any.

I'm losing to my wife at Scrabble [tm] at the moment, so I am willing to make a pretty high bid.

/Fail. Next time try harder pls.

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Answers.jpg

2.png

Also, you think I haven't already used the answers search?

From the Community Guidelines. Do you know where to find those perchance? Or would you like me to tell you that too.

• Off Topic Content: Please keep your commentary relevant to the discussion and within the format that the forum, board or question and answer area require. (For example, in the Answers section, please follow the Q&A format of the discussion.) Content that is blatantly off topic is not permitted. You may also not post regarding subjects that do not relate to Second Life except in the General forum discussion board.

Suki Hirano wrote:

Is it true that I have to first buy some L, then wait a month or so, in order to sell L?

I believe it's only a week.  the limits are explained on your dashboard under Linden Exchange/Manage/Billing/Trading Limits.  You can check what your limits currently are under Shop/My Funds.

Suki Hirano wrote:

Also is LindenX the only place to sell L?

I believe so.

Suki Hirano wrote:

And about the RL currency, is it possible to sell L for Canadian dollars or is it USD only?

It's USD only, then you'd have to covert it into your currency of choice.

...Dres

i am frankly sick and tired of your continual spam here.

I remember a time when many of us fought long and hard to retain a GENERAL DISCUSSION forum mostly because, when the new forums were introduced, minus the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum, they were so prescriptive/specific and often irrelevant there was nowhere to ask general questions.

Now it seems, unless we follow your rules of what is acceptable or post in fear of being grammatically corrected continually by your supercilious friend, the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum has become an unfriendly place to generally discuss anything.

It's about time the moderators stepped in and took back control of a forum which is for all, not just the petty fiefdom of two.

i used to so enjoy posting here (for nearly 5 years) and lurking when I did not, but lately it has become a two man unfunny and never ending show.

To everyone else: spend some time in SL, where many of us are friendly and will help answer questions, the utter rudeness and superiority displayed in these forums is not indicative of the SL community generally.

Magnus Brody wrote:

Now it seems, unless we follow
your
rules of what is acceptable or post in
fear
of being grammatically corrected

Either you are taking things a little seriously, Magnus, or you need to change your medication.

Or both.

LlewLlwyd wrote:
Either you are taking things a little seriously, Magnus, or you need to change your medication.

Or both.

Thankfully, I have spent an entire life needing no medication whatsoever, but thanks for a viewpoint which arrogantly indicates I must be mad to disagree with the great superior intellect that is you.

As for taking things too seriously, I see the humour attempt in all that you do, largely find it unfunny and when it comes to the more naive and less experienced members of the SL community, find it distastefully arrogant, superior and unfriendly.

Again, this is the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum, which I for one fought very long and hard to bring back here.  I hope everyone can feel relaxed about posting anything GENERAL, and not worry too much about how perfectly English it is.

Magnus Brody wrote:

Thankfully, I have spent an entire life needing no medication whatsoever

When was the last time you consulted a physician?

Magnus Brody wrote:

largely find it unfunny

I am not surprised, your reputedly having spent a considerable amount of time living in a country where Rab C Nesbitt is considered the acme of wit.

Magnus Brody wrote:

not worry too much about how
perfectly English
it is.

Perfectly English? That's an oxymoron, at least it is to a Welshman.

Or perhaps that isn't quite what you were trying to say...

Magnus Brody wrote:

I remember a time when many of us fought long and hard to retain a GENERAL DISCUSSION forum mostly because, when the new forums were introduced, minus the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum, they were so prescriptive/specific and often irrelevant there was nowhere to ask general questions.

your
rules of what is acceptable or post in fear of being grammatically corrected continually by your supercilious friend, the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum has become an unfriendly place to generally discuss anything.

It's about time the moderators stepped in and took back control of a forum which is for all, not just the petty fiefdom of two.

i used to so enjoy posting here (for nearly 5 years) and lurking when I did not, but lately it has become a two man unfunny and never ending show.

To everyone else: spend some time in SL, where many of us are friendly and
will
help answer questions, the utter rudeness and superiority displayed in these forums is not indicative of the SL community generally.

I am not interested in what you are sick and tired of Magnus. Your emotional state is yours to deal with. But by all means, expressing that kind of emotionality is sure to get you the sympathy and support you are looking for.

I remember those times as well. I was one of the voices calling for a GD Forum. But that did not mean that it was to be a catch-all for every type of thread, as the Answers section was available, as well as the Knowledge Base tab, not to mention the slwiki. Failing that, posters were free to post questions in the relevant sections, as noted in the CG. So do not misrepresent the state of affairs.

They are not MY rules Magnus. And the initiative was sanctioned by the Community Manager. Though the mods have become rather lax of late in doing their job of removing inappropriate threads from the GD. I guess the lack of oversight has led to apathy. As far as grammar etc are concerned, I do not make an issue of it unless the OP or poster themselves draw attention to it by making ludicrous claims of proficiency.

I too have asked the mods to take control of the forums and do their job directing offending posters to the proper areas for their queries in one of the last pm's I sent to them after they pulled one of my posts, apparently to no avail.

I also enjoy(ed) posting here as long as the experience is not ruined by the sanctimonious whingeing of a few intent on condoning violations of the CG I posted above. I enjoy a good discussion as most here do, let's just make sure that they are actually discussions. You will notice that the OP did not initiate one but merely wanted answers.

And as I pointed out to Lasky, I have been nothing but friendly, even in the face of some nasty remarks, to which she was forced to agree, and depending on your memory, you would as well. While the evidence is by and large gone, I can be rather vitriolic. <chuckles>

To be clear, I have no problem with people coming to the forums to ask their questions, I just think they should be doing it in the appropriate place.

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Magnus Brody wrote:

To be clear, I have no problem with people coming to the forums to ask their questions, I just think they should be doing it in the
appropriate
place.

Hey Magnus, perhaps you could help, and, where relevant click the link at the bottom left of every post here if that post is inappropriately located. The Community Guidelines even exhort participants to help the moderators by doing so:

Report inappropriate content for moderator review

Moderating a discussion site is a daunting task; our forums alone see in excess of 10,000 posts per week. You can help by reporting abuse when you spot it. If you see a post you feel violates the Community Participation Guidelines, or our Terms of Service, then please click the Report Inappropriate Content link that appears in each post, and let us know why you feel the post is inappropriate.

LlewLlwyd wrote:

Magnus Brody wrote:

Thankfully, I have spent an entire life needing no medication whatsoever

None of your business, but I continue to be astounded at your arrogance where you presume I must have a medical problem requiring medication to disagree with you

When was the last time you consulted a physician?

Magnus Brody wrote:

largely find it unfunny

I am not surprised, your reputedly having spent a considerable amount of time living in a country where Rab C Nesbitt is considered the acme of wit.

Frankly racist, neither where I have spent some of my life, my nationality nor my country of birth predefines my sense of humour.  Thankfully all of the aforementioned finds your arroagnce unfunny.

Magnus Brody wrote:

not worry too much about how
perfectly English
it is.

Perfectly English? That's an oxymoron, at least it is to a Welshman.

Or perhaps that isn't quite what you were trying to say...

You know quite well it wasn't, referencing as I was English as a language, and your continual superior correction of it, not English as a nationality.

It is exactly this which demonstrates my point: unfriendly, arrogant and superior.  I feel for the new members of the SL community, who come to a general discussion forum and are either cut short with spammed pics of the answers page, or made to feel like they should never have trod here by those who feel it their personal playground of unwitty put down and sarcasm.

i have said this for years, since 2006, without having to rejoin these forums which, in many ways, speaks for itself.

Magnus Brody wrote:

unfriendly, arrogant and superior.

At least you got the last one right.

[PS You messed up the formatting of your post so not just noobs are going to be confused by it.]

[PPS I have been asked to clarify that I am not accusing Magnus of actually being Rab C Nesbitt; or any relation to him.]

I care not for support, and abhor sympathy.  I care a lot for new folks confused and posting where it may gain help.  If I were one of those posting here, I'd be upset by the continual posting of a pic of a screen which I didn't recognise.

I do remember you being a voice when the GD vanished.  Considering those who have no idea of this history, and perhaps see the word GENERAL, I think we could be a little kinder, no matter how annoying it is.

Exasperation perhaps, like using the phrase "sick and tired"!

LlewLlwyd wrote:

Magnus Brody wrote:

unfriendly, arrogant and superior.

At least you got the last one right.

[PS You messed up the formatting of your post so not just noobs are going to be confused by it.]

[PPS I have been asked to clarify that I am not accusing Magnus of actually being 
or any relation to him.]

The good thing about receiving updates by email is we can all see what was originally written and not changed since, to fit our own ends.

i repeat, so nothing can be confused by formatting, the attitude of many regular posters (in more guises than a kid on several years of Hallowe'en Nights) is unfriendly, arrogant and superior.

It was clear to me that you did not accuse me of being Rab C Nesbitt, rather you accused me of spending a great deal of time in a country which regarded him as the "acme of wit" which would be a generic stereotyping of me by nationality or by the nationality of those I associate with, which as stated previously, was a racist remark.  Racist because you rely on the fundamental underpinning which is racism, this being "The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics,  abilities, or qualities specific to that race".  Not all Scots regard Rab C Nesbitt to be the "acme of wit" and to suggest, as you have, is a racist stereotyping.

... edited as I forgot to hit the spellchecker, and i do know how some hate that!

Magnus Brody wrote:

It was clear to me that you did not accuse me of being Rab C Nesbitt, rather you accused me of spending a great deal of time in a country which regarded him as the "acme of wit" which would be a generic stereotyping of me by nationality or by the nationality of those I associate with, which as stated previously, was a racist remark.  Racist because you rely on the fundamental underpinning which is racism, this being "
The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics,  abilities, or qualities specific to that race".  Not all Scots regard Rab C Nesbitt to be the "acme of wit" and to suggest, as you have, is a racist stereotyping.

Methinks the lady doth protest o'ermuch.

[PS The Scots aren't a race; they don't even want to govern themselves.]

Magnus Brody wrote:

I care not for support, and abhor sympathy.  I care a lot for new folks confused and posting where it may gain help.  If I were one of those posting here, I'd be upset by the continual posting of a pic of a screen which I didn't recognise.

I do remember you being a voice when the GD vanished.  Considering those who have no idea of this history, and perhaps see the word GENERAL, I think we could be a little kinder, no matter how annoying it is.

Exasperation perhaps, like using the phrase "sick and tired"!

The trouble is Magnus you, and others, are making an assumption on emotion. I am not posting my pic in anger or snark. It is merely information. Concise and to the point. One need only take the time to look at their screen to recognize where the hell they are. lol

It really is not that difficult.

More often than not however, the OP is not intereested in anything other but getting their information supplied to them, to be spoonfed. As is the case here in this thread specifically. The OP replied to my post with the smarmy response that they had "searched" the Answers. But did they actually ASK their question there. No they did not, at least I couldn't find it going 4 pages deep. Alternatively, did they go to KNowledge Base Tab? No they did not, for if they had they would have seen on the sidebar filter a way to get to the information they so desparately needed.

This is not about poor confused noobs. This is about lazy, lameassed adults who can't be bothered to learn to function on their own. As I stipulated to Bobbie in another thread I am providing  them an opportunity to gain independence and self-reliance. The first step being to learn to post in the appropriate area. From there, the kind souls are able to direct them with their cut and paste jobs to the appropriate information so that they may learn to use the platform with efficacy.

Save your sympathies for those who are actually deserving.

• Like 1

LlewLlwyd wrote:

Magnus Brody wrote:

I think we could be a little kinder

If you want kindness join the Salvation Army.

Perhaps join the human race? Down on our luck we all hope for kindness, we never expect it, but we don't need to join a religious organisation to hope for it.

Magnus Brody wrote:

LlewLlwyd wrote:

Magnus Brody wrote:

I think we could be a little kinder

If you want kindness join the Salvation Army.

Perhaps join the human race? Down on our luck we all hope for kindness, we never expect it, but we don't need to join a religious organisation to hope for it.

I much prefer honesty to kindness.

And repenting at my leisure rather than running the human race.

Magnus Brody wrote:

Oh please... I played a large part in the fight for a GD forum and, as I remember, no one was fighting for a place to ask general questions, since there already was a place for that... namely, Answers.  Granted, as screwed up as that place is, I'd never direct anyone there for any reason whatsoever... but, I certainly wouldn't complain about someone else doing so in a nonconfrontational manner, as Derek does.

Magnus Brody wrote:

your
rules of what is acceptable or post in fear of being grammatically corrected continually by your supercilious friend, the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum has become an unfriendly place to generally discuss anything.

I don't make a habit of correcting people's grammatical mishaps, but, if there's one thing I've learned over the course of years which I've spent participating in forums, it's that avoiding grammatical mishaps is far more effective than getting all butthurt when someone points out that I haven't.

...Dres

• Like 1

LlewLlwyd wrote:

Magnus Brody wrote:

It was clear to me that you did not accuse me of being Rab C Nesbitt, rather you accused me of spending a great deal of time in a country which regarded him as the "acme of wit" which would be a generic stereotyping of me by nationality or by the nationality of those I associate with, which as stated previously, was a racist remark.  Racist because you rely on the fundamental underpinning which is racism, this being "
The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics,  abilities, or qualities specific to that race".  Not all Scots regard Rab C Nesbitt to be the "acme of wit" and to suggest, as you have, is a racist stereotyping.

Methinks the lady doth protest o'ermuch.

[PS The Scots aren't a race; they don't even want to govern themselves.]

Methinks you are an idiot, that doesn't mean I'm right. Methinks you have made a racist remark and built upon it, that is readable and clear.

Mewonders what you'll be called next week.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3288 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.