FOUND!

LondieMonroe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why would you want that hair? It looks terrible! It is only suitable for a pre-teener who can't read the words, just looks at the pictures in one of those over-priced girl magazines funded by makers of training bras.

And who apparently thinks it's cool to repeat letters in words, use typewriter fonts of non-standard sizes, unnecessary excessive punctuation and demonstrate a poor grasp grammar.

Your response was really not necessary. The fact that you can sit and take the time to criticize something another person wants is ridiculous. It may not be something you like but it's something I like. I never asked for someone else to like it, I simply asked for help finding it. If you're not willing to help then you didn't need to post anything.

LondieMonroe wrote:

Your response was really not necessary. The fact that you can sit and take the time to criticize something another person wants is ridiculous. It may not be something you like but it's something I like. I never asked for someone else to like it, I simply asked for help finding it. If you're not willing to help then you didn't need to post anything.

This is the General Discussion forum. You are not the forum police so you don't get to tell people what they can or can't do here, and the intent of the forum is not to answer questions, but to engender discussion of issues of interest to participants.If you don't understand or like that then you should be more careful where you initiate threads. This one should obviously have been located in the Your Avatar section which even a cursory look by a non-lazy person of diminished cognitive capabilities could have determined pretty quickly. In the meantime I repeat my opinion that you have execrable taste and invite others to comment on it.

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Why would you want that hair? It looks terrible! It is only suitable for a pre-teener who can't read the words, just looks at the pictures in one of those over-priced girl magazines funded by makers of training bras.

And who apparently thinks it's cool to repeat letters in words, use typewriter fonts of non-standard sizes, unnecessary excessive punctuation and demonstrate a poor grasp grammar.

Please teach me about English grammar here. Is it really correct grammar to begin a sentence and a new part of the text with "and", in English, like you do here? I ask, because in my language, it isn't, so I just wondered. 

LlazarusLlong wrote:

LondieMonroe wrote:

Your response was really not necessary.

This is the General Discussion forum. You are not the forum police so you don't get to tell people what they can or can't do here, ...

:smileytongue:

Some get to tell, some don't.  :smileywink: :smileyvery-happy:

Muletta wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Please teach me about English grammar here. Is it really correct grammar to begin a sentence and a new part of the text with "and", in English, like you do here? I ask, because in my language, it isn't, so I just wondered. 

You are allowed to do it if you know that you should not.

And I do.

Kelli May wrote:

Muletta wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

“If you don’t like conjunctions at the beginnings of sentences, then don’t use them. And if you don’t mind them, then don’t worry about it.”

- The Grammarist

Thank you Kelli. But I do not think it is the same rule, when you begin a new paragraph with a conjunction, as in this case I am referring to.

LlewLlwyd wrote:

Muletta wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

You are allowed to do it if you know that you should not.

And I do.

1 Corinthians 6:12

Muletta wrote:

Exactly!

In the same way that soldiers are legally permitted to kill, whereas civilians are not.

I would have said "in general" but you might have got confused by the kernel of my argument and asked why the South African Army used to have white officers with black privates.

Or why many navies had Sub Lieutenants before submarines were even invented.[pace Leonardo da Vinci]

LlewLlwyd wrote:

Muletta wrote:

Exactly!

In the same way that soldiers are legally permitted to kill, whereas civilians are not.

I would have said "in general" but you might have got confused by the kernel of my argument and asked why the South African Army used to have white officers with black privates.

Or why many navies had Sub Lieutenants before submarines were even invented.[pace Leonardo da Vinci]

Nah, I think that if we begin to let the thread include submarines, killings and the entire navy, it would probably be to bring the debate way too far away from the original topic...which in the first place, only was to find a specific hair. So let us just end this conversation here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.