best female furry body?

OfficerWestbury

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know if you are already a bit familiar with furry avatars or avatars in general.

Just in case, here is how it works:

When you are looking at furry avatars there are two kinds of avatars you'll see. The first are complete mesh, from top to toe. A full-body alpha layer covers their entire body and hides it beneath the visible mesh avatar. The Blue Galaxy feline would be an example, as well as the different modded versions of the Kemonomi body. They can't wear clothes based on system layers and mesh clothes usually have to be made for their specific body, as it may differ a lot from the standart avatar.

The second kind of furry avatar is the most common one: Standart body with parts being replaced by attached body parts, which can either be made out of normal prims or mesh. They can wear anything, no matter if its systemlayer or mesh (of course, you better always try a demo with mesh clothes anyway).

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Furry avatar reviews:

Very out of date though. But then again, action in the furry community is likewise almost dead. New avatars just aren't coming out much anymore.

Are you active in the furry community? I doubt so.

Currently those Kemonomi (or however they are written) are a huge thing for many and there are always plenty of furry mods. And it hasn't been long since DSD got the Leopard avatar...

But anyway... nobody can say whats the best avatar, as this is a very subjective thing.

Kemono - which has been out for maybe over a year or so.

Here's a review of it from last June: http://wordsdevoursouls.blogspot.com/2014/06/kemono-mesh-avatar.html

- I've never liked that one as I'm not a fan of tiny feet, or the over-toonish look. But those are matter of preference. I rarely see it in furry hangouts though I do see it often enough elsewhere around the grid.

You got me with the DSD leopard though. Not sure how old that is.

But I'm moderately active in furry matter. Don't presume to know me if you don't.

Yeah, the Uti bodies, especially that Kemono, have been hot items for furry mods for a while. Lots of people find the included head to be a weak spot and many mods involve replacing that. There are eleventy bazillion skins with matching tails, appendages, etc., a boggling array of accessories for something that has only been out for 11 months. They are fun and relatively painless to retexture.

It might be worthwhile to visit a place like chimera, that has a mall with a ton of furry accessory makers. then you can see what's out there a little more clearly. You can mix and match parts, and make something copmletely your own.  The various generic mesh bodies that recycle the old LL UV map can work well in the furry space as well, at least the ones that aren't locked down with silly proprietary appliers. Yes you still have the flaws of thatUV map, but the chunky goes away and some of the older skins can live another day.

as a long time furry myself....i think the kemono av is WAY overrated...i do have it. i dont like the feet, and the litter girl chest look. and he refuses to make it a fitmesh body with breast and more feet options. so if you want to look normal you HAVE to buy add ons. from other makers. yes its easy to get mods. but do you really want a av that basically looks like everyone else? there are plenty of mesh bodies out now that any furry can use,(providing you get the skin and applier). from maitrya, slink, kitties lair Lena (several there), to the mesh project and more. they all have decent alpha systems in the huds so you can hide the lower legs if you want to were digi lower legs or custom lower legs. go to the furry sims, check out the avatars you like, do some research and even look up some mods. if you see a mod for an av, chances are there is a mesh body applier for it or if not, im sure the creator would make you one. the whole thing with being a furry is exploring which animal, or creature suits you best, then look at your options, from the base avatar, to mods, to body parts, hair, ect. but dont just go with "whats super popular right now".... i myself am a gargoyle. ^_^ not many in sl like me..i use mesh bodies from time to time, or i just use mesh breasts...but my av is a mix up from many different av parts put together and self made mods. i do make custom mods as well for others from time to time. OH! i also wanted to mention, if you like a lil more "fluffy" look, uLucky just released a body. was a update for the ghetto booty, i love it cept for the breasts...not big enough for me. xD i also use the milkmade system...so um yea....but hey got any more questions feel free to look me up in world. i do even have a store with some freebies under the same name as here Chiyoiche Toshi. I do also have the free box of avatars for new furries.....though they are OLD. no mesh, all sculpted or prim parts....their a decent starting point to play around with and get a feel for if you like wearing just the furry parts and system skin, or trying them on with a mesh body demo and going from there. Thats the fun thing with SL, and being a furry, or any type of av to be honest. sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many choices! the options are pretty limitless! your only real limiter is you and your wallet. xD anywho, i hope this helped! and welcome to the furry world. :D

• 3 months later...

You said you can get furry skins for mesh bodies maitrya, slink, etc.? I really like the Maitrya body, and the only thing holding me back from getting it is not sure where to get furry skins for it x.x I'm semi exp. in modding my avis, so i wanted to get one and make a unique avi, but at a loss on where or how to go about getting a furry skin for that body...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.