Not seeing Adult sim posts in Events

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please don't slam me if I posted this in the wrong place.  A polite suggest of the correct place would be appreciated, however, if this is the wrong forum.

I noticed to day that when looking at SL Events I'm not seeing the same thing I'm seeing inworld.  It turns out that when I look on secondlife.com web site after logging in, I'm not seeing the Adult sim posts that I see when I'm inworld.

Another curious thing about this is I can actually create an event for an Adult sim that contains a club to which I'm associated.

Is there some setting in the web log in profile that is different from inworld that I need to set?

TIA for any help.

- Kantbe

Kantbe Thursday wrote:

Please don't slam me if I posted this in the wrong place.  A polite suggest of the correct place would be appreciated, however, if this is the wrong forum.

I noticed to day that when looking at SL Events I'm not seeing the same thing I'm seeing inworld.  It turns out that when I look on secondlife.com web site after logging in, I'm not seeing the Adult sim posts that I see when I'm inworld.

Another curious thing about this is I can actually create an event for an Adult sim that contains a club to which I'm associated.

Is there some setting in the web log in profile that is different from inworld that I need to set?

TIA for any help.

- Kantbe

Yes

Since you registered with your real life information and birth date, all you need to do that is age related is to make sure you have selected the level of information you are willing to see in all these locations:

1) In the Viewer General Tab [ G ] [ M ] [ A ] - Check the desired options

2) In the Viewer [Ctr'-M] World Map Events: [ G ] [ M ] [ A ] - Check the desired options

3) In the in-world Search Window - Perform any search then check the desired viewing levels in the upper left area of the search window - [ G ] [ M ] [ A ]

4) In the MarketPlace click on the Show maturity levels Down Arrow and select the desired viewing options phrase. {Note: I find it interesting that you can select Adult Only as one of the options here}

Additional Note: Do understand that many Adult venues may also impose a "How Long Has the Avatar Been Created" restriction. This is to keep out griefers and in some cases, new persons [ noobies ] from these areas.

Carry on and have fun! :D

:P Well I see that the Poodles of Propriety have already been here...

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Kantbe Thursday wrote:

TIA for any help.

- Kantbe

Yes

Since you registered with your real life information and birth date, all you need to do that is age related is to make sure you have selected the level of information you are willing to see in all these locations:

1) In the Viewer General Tab [ G ] [ M ] [ A ] - Check the desired options

2) In the Viewer [Ctr'-M] World Map Events: [ G ] [ M ] [ A ] - Check the desired options

3) In the in-world Search Window - Perform any search then check the desired viewing levels in the upper left area of the search window - [ G ] [ M ] [ A ]

4) In the MarketPlace click on the Show maturity levels Down Arrow and select the desired viewing options phrase. {Note: I find it interesting that you can select Adult Only as one of the options here}

Additional Note: Do understand that many Adult venues may also impose a "How Long Has the Avatar Been Created" restriction. This is to keep out griefers and in some cases, new persons [ noobies ] from these areas.

Carry on and have fun!
:D

:P

Well I see that the Poodles of Propriety have already been here...

This post was brought to you by CutAndPaste Ink

And omitted to clarify whether the specified instructions applied to all or only selected viewers.

OFFS. Is it really too much to ask... Oh, never mind.

The question was about behavior of Event search on the web (so viewer choice is beside the point).

There are at least two distinct ways of getting to SL Event listings on the web. One is through the search interface and it should give the same G/M/A maturity rating options as the account has available for in-world search. The other is accessed through the dashboard and as far as I can tell is useless in every way, including offering no choice of maturity rating.

Thanks for all of your responses.  Qie hit the nail on the head.  I could find things fine within the viewer, it was just from the Event search from my web browser dashboard that wasn't giving me an option to change the maturity rating and seemed to default to G or mayb G/M.  If I use the search website address <http://search.secondlife.com> instead of the dashboard, I'm able to specify the maturity rating and can then see all events.

Qie Niangao wrote:

OFFS. Is it really too much to ask... Oh, never mind.

The question was about behavior of Event search on the web (so viewer choice is beside the point).

There are at least two distinct ways of getting to SL Event listings on the web. One is
 and it should give the same G/M/A maturity rating options as the account has available for in-world search. The other is
 and as far as I can tell is useless in every way, including offering no choice of maturity rating.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.