What is a warning?

Suspiria Finucane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Quote from yesterday's meeting.

[2011/03/10 13:51]  Amanda Linden: no appeals. 3 warnings and it's a one week ban.

[2011/03/10 13:51]  Amanda Linden: and it's only for community platform, not for SL

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Community_Tools_User_Group

What constitutes a warning?

Who issues the warning?

How is it delivered?

Inquiring minds want to know. :smileywink:

• Like 1

15 answers to this question

An partial example of a Warning I read stated the the Individual was in Violation of Second Life Forums Community Standards and then detailed the time date and nature of violation.

I believe that Moderators will send the majority of Warnings.

You will receive a Private Message in your Mailbox at the top of this page.

• Like 1

A warning looks like this:

Dear Darren Scorpio,

Thank you for participating in our community! However, your post on March 8, 2011 was found to be in violation of Second Life guidelines. Please review the

posting guidelines and the Terms of Service

Additional violations could result in a ban from the site. 

Here is a screen cap of your post: (masked vulgarity)
http://**************

Thank you,
Genn Moderator

Removed link to screenshot because who knows if it would be breaking any TOS and I don't want to get another "warning":smileyvery-happy:

Also it seems that the moderator is actually a real person because shortly after I posted on the same thread questioning the moderation process, that post got yanked. Which might be good that there is actually a real person behind Genn and inspite of the fact that I disagree with the level of moderation at least he/she is staying consistent because I have heard a few people have also gotten their posts moderated for containing masked vulgarity, masked as in ********. 

ETA: Also, it is delivered via a PM on the forums.

It may not be intended that way, but that is true with most systems in life. Even on other forums on the web there is always a feeling of favourtism, but it stems from the fact that most forums have more than one moderator and for any one post you are likely to get differing opinions on whether or not it is offensive, depending on which moderator looks at it, what sort of a day they are having, what their RL opinions or values are, what their perception of the posters "intent" was etc.

I don`t believe moderators are deliberately biased, its just a fact of life that they are all RL people & we are all different :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.