I was just copybotted....

WanderleiMMA

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was building in a sandbox on a platofrm that was as big as an entire region.  I made a bunch of buildings and I noticed that there was someone above me I could see his look at bekkon as I zoomed out.  I thought nothing of it kept building, tp'd my friend in and we spoke then I noticed he was coppying my stuff above me.  Looked as if he attempted to copy bot everything because I saw one building in the middle and a couple of baracades far away from it.  It looks like he tried to copybot all my buildings at once but failed.  What can I do about this?  I filled an intelectial property report, but will they acutally investigate?

4 answers to this question

With a DMCA you must identify the inworld or MP location of the infringing content. There are people I know who have most of the content of my store in their inventories, but because the store they have started with it is on OpenSim, there is nothing I can do about it.

As Amethyst says, you can file two different documents.  One is an Abuse Report, accessed under Help/Report Abuse in the viewer.

The other is a DMCA "takedown notice."  This is usually only filed if you sell your creations, and notice that someone else has copied them and is selling them without your permission.  To fulfill the requirements of the law, you are required to give your Real Life identity when filing this document, and the person you name as the offender has the right to obtain this information and to appeal the removal of the disputed content.  For this reason, unless you intend the stolen builds as a commercial product, I don't recommend filing a DMCA report in your particular situation.

Hello everyone, hopefully you all can help me. I make my own custom shapes and I make them c/m/no trans.. However I've been seeing shapes that look very very silimar to the ones I customly make. How can I be able to tell If this is a shape made by me?

Thank you in advance for your replies ^.^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.