Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

UrZuric Kirkorian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

which device was it?  Im guessing either audio or video... very likely if you have an ati or intel graphics card the card crashed.  its pretty common sadly. it happens on my laptop ALL the time... 

sometimes you can simply restart sl, but if the driver was completely disabled you will have to restart your machine...

sorry, that is the best i can help without knowing which drivers were stopped...

UrZuric Kirkorian wrote:

I was in world march 9 at 12pm slt and my pc got hit badly from a something in world of sl. Now I get a message from
my drivers
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (
Code 43
)

Since you did not specify which driver has report problems and which operation system you are using , let me assume that the driver is Graphic/Sound Driver (Correct me if I am wrong) then do the following

1. Restart your Machine

2. Before the 1st black screen disappear click F8 in your keyboard

3. In Option DOS menu choose "Safe Mode"

4. After Windows open in safe mode automatically it give you option of "System Restore" choose "Restore my computer to.Restore point" Earlier date than the date you installed SL

5. Wait for system Restore complete and system restart then operate your computer normally

(you will find your driver working fine, some programs "including SL Viewer" you installed after the restore date removed" that's OK

6. Check "SL system Requirements" Vs your computer Hardware Capabilities use this page

7. If your system hardware is capable to run SL then you may need to Update your Computer Drivers with latest Driver that depend on your Operation system (Windows Version)

8. Re Setup SL Viewer again things will be fine

It will be more helpful to paste your system information here

Code 43
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
Recommended resolution

One of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner.

If you have already run the Troubleshooting Wizard, you might want to check the hardware documentation for more information about diagnosing the problem.

Are you running Vista? Or any pirated windows (don't answer that) Did you try using XP.

A video card problem, is it  overheating?  Also remember that if you do run 2 video cards or more, they should be all the same cards not different cards as this will cause a conflict.  You should disable the adapter on your mainboard.

Could be missing bios settings.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.