Sign in to follow this  
Zenlady

How can I buy mainland from linden lab

Question

If you want to buy directly from Linden Lab, you can look for land that is marked as available for auction.  You'll want to read here about how all of that works >>> http://usd.auctions.secondlife.com/ .  Be sure to read the FAQ as well.    You can also buy land from other residents, of course.  One easy way to find what's available is to watch the land forums here.  No matter who you buy land from, your Premium land fee waiver will be applied automatically when your monthly fees are calculated.

4 answers to this question

If you want to buy directly from Linden Lab, you can look for land that is marked as available for auction.  You'll want to read here about how all of that works >>> http://usd.auctions.secondlife.com/ .  Be sure to read the FAQ as well.    You can also buy land from other residents, of course.  One easy way to find what's available is to watch the land forums here.  No matter who you buy land from, your Premium land fee waiver will be applied automatically when your monthly fees are calculated.

I just double-checked on this one, myself, and the easiest answer I can give is:

Check out this tier chart. Add 512 to every parcel size. That is how much land you can own while still paying the amount listed. So if it says 512sqm, you can actually own 1024sqm and still pay only $5. If it says 1024, you can actually own 1536 and still only pay $8. (Plus, of course, your Premium tier fee.) You DO NOT need to do anything extra for this "discount." It's automatic. Simply purchase your land, and have fun!

1.  Be a Premium member. 

2.  Buy land at auction or look for Abandoned land with Search.

3.  You can also buy any Mainland that is for sale by another resident.  Look in Search or on the main Map (with Land for Sale checked in the legend.)

The way I like to do it is to find a place where I would like to live, think about if you want to live by water or up a mountain and so on. Look for likely spots on the map and then go there and fly around. This gives you a feel for the location. Is it well kept or are there lots of ugly buildings and advertising signs and that sort of thing.

You can see plots for sale if you go to the World menu and then Show (or Show More) and select Property Lines and Land Owners. If you don't see the colours on the land turn off Advanced Lighting in Preferences/Graphics.

Land for sale is coloured orange.