No Search Function; was it ever solved?

Lillani Lowell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Myself, and others are stilled plagued by the Grey Boxes for in-world search and profiles. Myself, it's been following me for 2-3 years, and only intermittenly working.

Has anyone ever figured out what the problem with that is?

So, to cover first...

Yes, complete re-installs have been done.

Yes, cache and history have been cleared.

Yes, Javascript, etc is all enabled.

Yes, SLPlugs is an exception to the virus scanner and permitted to operate through the firewall.

Yes, everything else works perfectly fine, it's only in-world browser functions that are complete kaput.

No, I will not use a third party browser to fix a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

Has there been a solution to it? I tried using the convolution Forum search here but that's about as useful as a fish in a tree.

If there's a genius who can solve this long-standing problem, it would be quite lovely.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Have you tried a thrid party viewer and see if it works there?

The OP said: "No, I will not use a third party browser to fix a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place." :smileywink:

(I guess Lillani meant 'viewer' instead of 'browser'.

Anyway, @ Lillani:

There must be something going on in your system which causes this problem. For me it works perfectly without any problems in Second Life viewer as well as in Firestorm viewer.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

I saw that, but if they aren't willing to test other viewers to see where the problem may lie...

Yes, you're right. It's good to keep couple of different viewers installed at all times. Then it's very easy to test is the problem a particular viewer issue or is it something else. Trying only a single viewer is a bit like keeping one's head in a bag.

a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

If there's a genius who can solve this long-standing problem, it would be quite lovely.

You are right it shouldn't exist in the first place. From the sound of it you are having a problem with webkit which is an Apple product which is no longer supported. I understand that Linden Lab are planning to replace it at some point but I don't know if they are working on it yet. In the meantime if you want to try doing something about it you could google secondlife webkit to see if there is  a solution for your system or try different viewers.

If you would like some help with it you would need to go to Help/About in the viewer and copy the system information there and paste it into your post.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.