Sign in to follow this  
kreechur Gloom

gesture demonstration

i want to "sell" some gestures i made in world for 1 linden each. and i want the "customer" to be able to hear the gesture, before they buy it. so where do i start?   

Just put the default "Hello, Avatar" script in a prim, change the words "Hello, Avatar!" to whatever your gesture is supposed to say, and let people click it.

default{     touch_start(integer total_number)    {        llSay(0, "Tee hee. You touched me!");    }}

If the gesture is supposed to play a sound bite instead,  just change it to llPlaySound instead of llSay:

default{    touch_start(integer total_number)    {        llPlaySound("My_sound", 1.0);    }}

Just remember to put your sound file ( "My_sound" )  in the same prim if you do that.

or , to combine the two....

right click the sound in your inventory, and choose "copy asset UUID"

and paste that into the definition of ....sound ... in the example below,

string sound = "ea862380-c9c8-e18c-6121-7fe6b228354a";string text =  "• °*”˜¸,°º¤ø,¸ Yeah, I want some cheesypoofs! ¸,ø¤º°,¸˜”*° • " ;default{    state_entry()    {      }    touch_start(integer total_number)    {   llPlaySound(sound,1.0);        llSay(0,text  );    }}

you could also make a vendor with multiple gestures, but that is a bit more complex,

this example works for one sound & text per prim.

This what?  This thread?  Did you click "Options" in the upper right corner of your question and select "Subscribe"?