As a DJ If I lost power and stream can I go to a public place to login to secondlife.com

chesterburnett

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

As a DJ if I lost power and stream and dont have a laptop or other wireless device can I go to like a library where I know I cant put up a Viewer but go to secondlife.com and thru some portion of it be able to send a message or two to those SL members who would need to know about my tech issues. And I dont have Skype etc...Simply how can I do that?

3 answers to this question

You cannot send e-mail or IM from outside SL into SL.  You can reply to an e-mail that you were sent from SL, if you do it within the 5 day window before the address expires.  If you expect to have problems getting in world occasionally, I suggest asking a couple of friends to pass along messages that you send to their gmail or Skype accounts when they log in .  That's what I usually do.

Hey There Chester,

I use a product I got from Hippo Technologies that allowed me to send IMs to people in any of my HippoGROUPs from any PC using any Internet Viewer. I login onto the Hippo Technologies Account site and can access a list of the people I need to be able to IM in case of emergencies.

The in-world component checks the Hippo Message Database every 10 minutes to push any queued messages to the intended recipients.

I believe there are a few other subscription-based solutions like this as well on the marketplace. I pay L$500 / mo for my HippoGROUPS service. The IM communicator & service came with it as a freebie.

This service is also great for sending Invites to a select group of fans that you can set up manually and/or that they can join by touching your Group Terminal in-world.

[Yeah I know we're not suppose to recommend a particular product but this so fits the bill]

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.