Cannot log in ??

Tammie Hammand

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

dns could not resolve the host name

please verify you can connect to secondlife.com ( yes i can)

web site. if you can but continue to receive this error

please go to support section and report this problem.

:(

cant find anyplace to report it. not a premium member.

anyone else having this issue?

There are a number of things that can cause this problem. Most are related to your connection, but there are a couple of others.

Having a good Internet Connection is not the same as having a good connection to SL. Test your connection to SL. See: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Changing you DNS is usually somethng that helps Mac users. But, you can mess things up if you have an oddball ISP. Read about DNS changing in the troubleshooter I linked to above.

The current big reason for login problems is HTTPInventory, a debug setting. If you are on a third party viewer, this is likely the problem. Look up how to use debug settings for your viewer and find the setting and make sure it is enabled.

Another current problem is large flat inventory. See: http://blog.nalates.net/2015/04/11/second-life-how-to-fix-new-login-problems/

Probably the most common problem is a transient problem that will disappear in minutes or hours. BEFORE you take drastic steps (re-installing viewer, re-loading Windows...) give it an hour and try again. In the mean time install a second viewer if you don't have one. I think every one should have their preferred viewer and the SL Viewer installed for troubleshooting problems. If you only have the SL Viewer, consider getting Firestorm. Having two installed lets you quickly decide if it is a viewer problem on your side. If both viewers fail, it is likely a problem on the connection or at SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.