Can i go to a public place and login to secondlife.com to leave a message to a SL member

chesterburnett

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

As a DJ If I lost power and stream can I go to a public place to login to secondlife.com to leave messages to SL members

Since I do not have a laptop or other wireless device I am saying like a public library.So could I login to secondlife.com and find a section where I could send a message about my problem to SL members I know about my tech issues

2 answers to this question

Hi Chester,

If you've got a laptop with Wi-Fi, you should be able to log-in to SL from a public access Wi-Fi hotspot. Some of them may block SL, but most won't. If you have a cell-phone with personal hot-spot capability, you can access SL that way during a power failure.

If you're asking whether you can access SL from a publicly available computer, such as those in libraries... I doubt it. You'd have to install a viewer on such a computer and that's not likely to be allowed, and doing so would make your account vulnerable to hacking since your username/password combo could be cached on the computer. You'd also be leaving behind a trail of private information in the chat logs.

There are text-only interfaces to SL that run on Android and iOS phones. You'll find them in the Subset Viewers section of this page...

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

Good luck!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.