I am turning 18 in a week, do I need to file a support ticket NOW, or AFTER to be age-verified?

Alianora Klossovsky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

As the title asks, I know that SL lists its policy on Age Verification in the Knowledge Base and such, but it's still a bit confusing to me, as I date back to pre-teen grid merging. I am turning 18 in a week and want to be age-verified so I can do adult activities and view that content. So do I file a support ticket now, a week before my birthday, or once after I turn 18?

5 answers to this question

you could file it now, and hope it gets seen by the time you turn 18, but I think if they see it before then they won't process it because you haven't turned 18 yet.....

personally I would wait till the day after you turn 18, and check to see if your account has been unlocked to go to moderate regions.

if you can, you should be good to go for normal age verification if you want to

if you can't, you'll need to file a ticket with LL, or possibly live chat may be able to verify your age that gave at signup and do the math and unlock your account.... worse case scenario is that they will require manual verification, and you will have to send them documentation.

ETA:
if they do require manual verification, you should make sure they process your age verification at the same time with the same documents to save you the hassle of doing it via the age verification portal.

• Like 2

After you turn 18 you should be able to go through the normal age verifcation process from your dashboard (in the Account section on the left panel).

If the automated system fails, then you can submit a ticket for manual verification if you are a premium member.

Having said that, you only need to get Account Verified (payment info on file) to access adult content, apart from the few places where the owner has specified age verification. Unless that is different for those of you that transferred.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.