Why were items removed on Marketplace?

Sinister Vortex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've had quite a few new items get flagged for being under the incorrect category, but are easily re-listed and I never have an issue with them.  However, this last time they were flagged AND removed due to the Intellectual Property policy when these items are mine and created by MYSELF.

Is there a reason to this?  Do we have any say before these things happen?  I wasn't even notified by email, they just deleted them out of my Marketplace inventory without knowing.

Thanks for any help!

11 answers to this question

Could be two things. One, some people like to AR for the sake of ARing or in the case of Marketplace they flag for the sake of flagging. I recall one person on the inworld commerce group argue that it was people's duty to flag anything they felt strongly about and let LL decide whether the flag was justified or not, so yes there are dumb and crazy people out there. Two, if the decals included images of something you could google then the possibilities are that they have some copyright of some sort.

I have had the same problem and it turned out that was also an item in the wrong category.

After contacting support about why they didn`t just move it or at least send an email that explained the correct reason, I was directed to this JIRA  to add my support to:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-2744?

That JIRA has since been added to this one, because it wasn`t being dealt with:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-3482

Well typically if your items are removed because of the IPP, they remove them from your inventory also but mine are still there, they just deleted them out of my Marketplace box and off of the site. Just a few extra more steps just to reload them back on, but seriously.... its a pain for some of us who are trying to do business. It only hurts LL int he end also as its less money they're making.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.