Sign in to follow this  
Crys Lexenstar

Why were items removed on Marketplace?

Question

DId the Items contain textures of pictures of copyrighted characters or trademarks? for example Disney or some other well known company? If so this was probably the reason why. 

11 answers to this question

DId the Items contain textures of pictures of copyrighted characters or trademarks? for example Disney or some other well known company? If so this was probably the reason why. 

Nope... they're just wall decals, just designs on them... no idea why they would be deleted because of the policy ... doesnt go against anything, not to mention it was only the newest ones, all the others are still up and fine.

Could be two things. One, some people like to AR for the sake of ARing or in the case of Marketplace they flag for the sake of flagging. I recall one person on the inworld commerce group argue that it was people's duty to flag anything they felt strongly about and let LL decide whether the flag was justified or not, so yes there are dumb and crazy people out there. Two, if the decals included images of something you could google then the possibilities are that they have some copyright of some sort.

I could understand if there was some sort of copyright... but these are like, trees and butterflies, etc... LOL. LL needs to do something about the flagging tho, because it happens way too often and is sort of an annoyance, especially when theres nothing wrong with them.

I have had the same problem and it turned out that was also an item in the wrong category.

After contacting support about why they didn`t just move it or at least send an email that explained the correct reason, I was directed to this JIRA  to add my support to:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-2744?

That JIRA has since been added to this one, because it wasn`t being dealt with:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-3482

I agree. I have always said that allowing other residents to flag items was a bad idea. And the rationale of that one resident I stated above further proves that giving residents the power to flag is wrong.

Well typically if your items are removed because of the IPP, they remove them from your inventory also but mine are still there, they just deleted them out of my Marketplace box and off of the site. Just a few extra more steps just to reload them back on, but seriously.... its a pain for some of us who are trying to do business. It only hurts LL int he end also as its less money they're making.

Absolutely & I only found mine by accident, there was no notification sent. If you do a ticket Crys, I bet they say it was the wrong category.

Add your comments to the JIRA too. :)

I submitted a ticket. I gotta say, that deleting from the Marketplace and yelling IPP because of an incorrect category is ... well... an "incorrect category" on their part.