Cannot open Second Life 3.8.x Experience viewer on Mac

Gistya Eusebio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I downloaded the latest Experience viewer v3.8.0 (299338), but it will not open on my Mac. The app launches but all I ever see is a black window where you normally would see the SL logo and fields to enter username and password, etc.

I keep getting this error in the console:

4/6/15 5:52:05.267 PM SLPlugin[13186]: Error loading /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/MacOS/JavaAppletPlugin: dlopen(/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/MacOS/JavaAppletPlugin, 265): no suitable image found. Did find:

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/MacOS/JavaAppletPlugin: mach-o, but wrong architecture

I updated Java to the latest version (8v40) and checked that this plugin was updated, and indeed it is the latest version. All my browsers work fine, but SLPlugin doesn't like it evidently. 

Please look into this. I think that you should make a 64-bit, Cocoa-based viewer that is not based on million-year-old 32-bit legacy code. I think that having a code-base that's cross-compiled to Windows and Linux and seems to be stuck in the OS X 10.5 days, is kind of bad.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.