Sell objects with land?

LadyZoeC

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It's a little more complex than the title.

I own a parcel that I rent to a friend. It is set to my rental group but not deeded to the group. I did that so only group members can build or rez objects. My friend has a home and other objects set up just the way he likes them. He wants to buy the land. Is there any way I can sell him the land so he doesn't have to replace all his objects? I know there is the "sell objects with land" option in the sell land dialog box, but does that work for objects I don't own?

Thanks for any help.

ETA: Thanks, Rollig. I was hoping there was something about group ownership that might help but I kind of figured there wasn't. Oh well. He'll just have to set everything up again.

2 answers to this question

Just sell him the land. You can't sell objects that someone else owns, but that's no problem, because he already owns his own stuff.  If he makes the mistake of turning on autoreturn, anyone else's stuff will be returned unless (a) those objects are set to a group and (b) he sets his land to the group before activating autoreturn.

LadyZoeC wrote:

[ .... ]

ETA: Thanks, Rollig. I was hoping there was something about group ownership that might help but I kind of figured there wasn't. Oh well. He'll just have to set everything up again.

I think you misunderstand.  His stuff will still be there after you sell the land to him.  You don't have to sell it to him, because he already owns it.  My point was that everyone else's stuff will still be there too.  It's just that if he activates autoreturn without first setting his land to the group, any non-group stuff including his will be returned.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.