Support Ticket Still Showing "NEW"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I opened a support ticket on February 16th and since that time I have called several times to make sure that they had all the information they needed. The last call was March 3rd at which time I was told my case had been escalated but today it is still showing "New" and I don't know what to do.

Should I keep calling?

Should I update the ticket?

Should I send an email reply to the ticket confirmation?

Will any of this help at all?

7 answers to this question

Short answer is No :(

In my experience nothing will make things move any faster if they already have all the info they need. Its just a matter of where your ticket is in the queue.

Someone posted they had a ticket outstanding for a couple of years, for an inventory fix I think it was...Hopefully yours won`t take that long lol

It depends on the ticket type, tbh.  Some ticket types are usually answered within 24-48 hours, others can sit for months.  There were some signs recently that there was a bit of a push to try to reduce the backlog on some ticket types.

If it's a genuinely important and urgent issue (e.g. account security, billing, or something similar which is likely to prevent you using SL or expose you to risk or loss), I'd be politely but firmly following it up regularly on Live Chat (at least weekly, but daily for a severe issue), asking for the current status and ETA on a full response.

If it's something like asking to buy an abandoned parcel on mainland, that's normally neither urgent nor important (it might be to you, but it really isn't in the big picture), so in the interests of being fair to everyone and not trying to jump the queue, I'd just let that sit until it eventually bubbles to the top of their list.

• Like 1

Thank you Pauline. This looks like the best answer I am going to get. I guess I was hoping for "Do this and they will look at it right away." BTW it is a genuinely important issue that is preventing me from using SL on my home computers. I really hope someone looks at this soon. :(

• Like 1

Is it definately a problem that only LL can fix Keli?

There are some pretty smart folk on here, if its possibly something that you can fix yourself try starting a thread asking for some tips.

Obviously if its an IP ban or something on LL can unlock, you are sadly going to have to wait it out :(

I had somekind of the same problem.

Had an account that i invested in a lot. Bloodlines, wargames , shield and more attack and defence part. Weapons all you could think of.

Then one time, 5months ago they kept my account under adminastrative hold. Several times i asked for an reason an answerd with my second account. Three Scouts promissed to help out.... Nothing , no reason givin. Until they closed down my second account also for a week ago... still no answers no reasons.

Start a new account???... hmm I loose everything. All i gained with my first account also my second.

and L$ 6661.00

Is this how very longtime member are being threated??? Is this second world...

Are there more that experienced a threatment this way????

Linden Hello, I am being threatened by an ex-boyfriend of my girlfriend whose name is''Big''Broome using objects to be copied, because he admits he lost his girlfriend just for me, I ask you to take action on this item you want see my bad, I'm playing Secondlife three years and never had any problem with any user and never committed any breach of rules established by Linden
I was threatened and the threat that made Avatar said he would report me to join friends and make me lose my account.
Upon learning this news send it to evaluate my inventory and see that I have nothing to fear and nothing copied and that ’’Grande Broome’’ Want to see my evil at any cost
Antec Ederson Eisman await a return

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.