Broken Bookmarks and Forum Search: Does Anyone Have Any Tips?

Perrie Juran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I needed to access some information from the old blogs but have discovered that all my bookmarks from the Jive Forum are now broken.  So much information lost.

For instance, "What Is Your Favorite Debug Setting" was an awesome wealth of information.  I can't turn that thread up in search.

There are other threads I have tried searching for.  I was looking for a thread where I specifically asked Ann about the article "Anatomy Of Lag."  I have tried all kinds of different settings in advanced search to try and dig the thread out and have struck out a dozen times.

It now seems like we have lost a wealth of information.

How are you dealing with this?  Any tips or tricks you have learned that you can share?

And for a humorous note, it appears that this software's spell checker does not know that the plural of "blog" is "blogs."  It suggested "Blobs" as the correction.

Hi, the most important thing to remember on the new forum search, is change the little menu to All before you start. I wish that was the default, it makes all the difference! The search here is pretty good except for that.

I am finding that this search works better with long search terms. So, I put what is your favorite debug setting in the search blank, not just a keyword or two.

I think that this could be the epic debug settings thread you wanted.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussions/What-s-your-favorite-debug-setting-you-d-like-to-share-We-need/m-p/314098#M128263

That's where your favourite debug setting thread resides nowadays.. :)

For everything else, just use the Search function on your top right and select the filter to ALL. I have also tried searching for my old posts by typing in my name. Hope that will help a bit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.