how can one sync friends in Second Life with friends on this site?

Deep Semaphore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

Yes. Your inworld friends list is not transferred to your forums friend list. While it may indeed seem strange, in the long run it may prove to be somewhat refreshing as a lot of persons you may befriend inworld may not even be an active participant in the forums and also some if the persons you might befriend here in the forums you may not necessarily have any need or desire to be friends with inworld. Inworld to some is purely about the avatar and its interactions with others in that world, whereas here in the forums it's more about the real person behind the avatar asking Real Life questions about how to navigate the game and technical issues and such.

Deep Semaphore wrote:

I already have a list of friends associated with my Second Life account. A bit strange I need to add friends all over again? Is this what we need to do??

you are welcome to suggest an "auto invite" feature in the community feedback section.

personally, i don't see any connection between the friends in the forums and inworld friends, and seeing as the lists are not "synched" i think the lab people don't either. :smileyindifferent:

Which Friends list are you referring to?

On secondlife.com, if you look at the dashboard page after you log in, your complete list of Friends is in the left column, with those who are on-line at the top. Clicking "Manage" only shows you the on-line ones.

Is there another Friends list specific to these new community pages? I haven't seen one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.