The skin/face I created looks terrible due to shadows. Help!

moonkittenaid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I've made this skin.. and if I control the lighting it looks great but I want it to look great in the general world with sunlight as that is how everyone sees it. What am I doing wrong? Is it the way I have my face under the skin sized? So confused. And new. Thanks for any and all help.

Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 9.22.49 PM.png

I am a little confused why this is in the MESH forum but the general answer is that yes, we DO look this way to folks that don't know how to control their light settings. It is not you. It has been this way forever and likely will remain as such :D.   You can wear a DIM facelight and that will help but bright ones are not good for many reasons.

Would it be that we had perfect lighting but alas we do not.

Yes. Lighting is not always perfect in SL for avatar looks. There are hundreds of different lightings in SL. We never know what somebody else is using and how they see us. It's just like in real life, the lighting is not static studio light, there are lots of variations.

I actually do like the lighting variations. If the lighting was always the same static never changing one it would be very boring experience.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.