Jump to content

Flat chested female avatar looks... weird.


afadovi
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I'm pretty new, and I've been trying really hard to figure out how to actually get a smaller bust on my avatar. :< It looks so bizarre. 

I bought a new shape hoping that would help, but it still looks funky. I'm using the "female rocker" skin and it looks like this:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/afadovi/media/sl_screencap_zpspun4cd7d.png.html

I tried searching the market place, too, and couldn't find anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can also consider the 'Mbody' mesh body:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CMFF-Mbody-Fitted-Mesh-Avatar-System/6062938

I find this body is rather small chested, moreso than even the promotional images imply. It "might" hold up very well on a nearly fully dialed back breast size setting.

For me it was too flat to use - but perhaps it will work for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to SL, where default avatars look like crap. The picky user is forced to look for replacement bodies. I can not secomd Mbody...because it is so few that makes skin and clothes for it. Try to google mesh body addicts, it is a blog that reviews mesh bodies and has tips and tutorials. I can not link to it since my mobile phone is really hard to use on social media.. look for Slink Physique, it is atlethic.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was trying for this look and found that none of the mesh avatars were suitable, even slink physique is quite full chested.

 

My recommendation would be to stick with a standard shape, and then get a pink fuel skin that you link and add the tattoo layers they sell for small or even flat chested looks. I think you can demo skins and the addons from their store. If not im me in world and you can see me.

Link to post
Share on other sites


LucyBrit wrote:

I was trying for this look and found that none of the mesh avatars were suitable, even slink physique is quite full chested.

 

My recommendation would be to stick with a standard shape, and then get a pink fuel skin that you link and add the tattoo layers they sell for small or even flat chested looks. I think you can demo skins and the addons from their store. If not im me in world and you can see me.

Slink's mesh body is actually quite busty compared to MBody. Slink before its update worked well in the 40s range only - but that is about the default avatar norm so not many people would have seen the issue. Now it works well across a much larger range - though I'm not certain exactly how high until it will deform (forgot to check), I've gone up to the 70s and not seen major issues.

MBody dialed to 70 will look like the default avatar at 10... (ok not exactly, but MBody is seriously small chested and lacking in curves - its the perfect avatar to use if you want to get people freaking out and banning you for things... but I suppose if you stick to PG conduct, nobody will even notice that you're not competing with Dolly Parton like the rest of SL is ;) ).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just remember that mesh bodies are for you and your lover. 99% of the people around you will never know. I say this because the only places I go there are 20 to 70 avatars and I have yet to be able to pick out a mesh body. And I keep my setting almost maxed out. So if you like spending money, go for it, but its only for you, not the people around you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You won't notice a mesh avatar easily fully clothed, but it is obvious with something like beachwear.

I agree with Pussycat about mesh bodies generally being varying degrees of full chested. I just checked slink, maitreya and TMP bodies and whilst the breast shapes are distinct they all are shaped for fairly large breasts anything much under 50% on any of them starts looking miss shaped.

The CMFF body and the Utilizator Avatar 2.0 bodies are the only ones I can think of that would work for a more petite chest size. The Avatar 2.0 is however a bit "anime" in look. I would be reluctant to recommend either to people new to SL or that wanted an easy solution. For that the standard avatar, pink fuel skins and extra careful shopping when buying mesh clothes would be the way to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Teagan Tobias wrote:

99% of the people around you will never know. I say this because the only places I go there are 20 to 70 avatars and I have yet to be able to pick out a mesh body.

I can't agree with that opinion.

I can spot... the lack of a mesh body... almost instantly rather often. Once you get used to having a mesh body, you start to see all sorts of flaws in the default SL body. Subtle areas that in total add up to quite a lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's easy to spot someone using a mesh body - just look for the avatar rezzing with her feet on her head, her torso off to the right, and her breasts on one hand. But seriously, I really hate mesh bodies because they're a pain to dress. The Kemono in particular. As much as I love mine, her clothing options are extremely limited. I'm also no fan of everyone having the same type of body and face. I'd also suggest Pink Fuel, I used their skins for a bit when I had a small chested avatar.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Pussycat Catnap wrote:


Teagan Tobias wrote:

99% of the people around you will never know. I say this because the only places I go there are 20 to 70 avatars and I have yet to be able to pick out a mesh body.

I can't agree with that opinion.

I can spot... the lack of a mesh body... almost instantly rather often. Once you get used to having a mesh body, you start to see all sorts of flaws in the default SL body. Subtle areas that in total add up to quite a lot.

Okay, but your part of the 1% I was talking about. But a lot of people in SL just don't have the PC power or the knowledge to pick out the mesh bodies. So still, a very large majority of SL will never know, and again its more for you and your lover and not the people around you. But please, keep spending money, it keeps my SL going.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I am part of that percent. But I doubt it. I suspect its closer to 50/50.

After all this is not about the Mac I use, nor the knowledge I have.

It is about being able to tell the difference between a stick figure and a rembrant. Maybe not that severe... BUT, it is about having some level of artistic eye, and ability to tell curves apart from blocky edges, smooth angles from rough ones, and the mere location of where the curves and angles are being different.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I've given it some thought and looked around. 50/50 is out of the question. There are people that can't even dress them selves much less have any “level of artistic eye”. I still see people wearing 2005 high heels, complete with bling. And why are people still using invisiprims. I see Mesh clothing that does not fit. I may say that 5% can tell the difference, but they are the builds that are selling the mesh bodies.
No, mesh bodies for the most part can not be identified by the general public, I've tried, I can't, most people can't.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When a new round of Collabor 88 opens, it is 50/50. And those without a mesh avatar all wear mesh feet, hands, breasts, mouths, hair, ears and clothes.

Around in SL I am sure there are few who wear other things than freebies. It is so much free content in system clothes and free and cheap skins. I am sure that those with invisiprims has their graphics set on low. Then the invisiprims still work, I have heard. 

There are users who can't see themself properly. Maybe they think SLis supposed too look like Minecraft? :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Link to post
Share on other sites


Marianne Little wrote:

When a new round of Collabor 88 opens, it is 50/50. And those without a mesh avatar all wear mesh feet, hands, breasts, mouths, hair, ears and clothes.

Around in SL I am sure there are few who wear other things than freebies. It is so much free content in system clothes and free and cheap skins. I am sure that those with invisiprims has their graphics set on low. Then the invisiprims still work, I have heard. 

There are users who can't see themself properly. Maybe they think SLis supposed too look like Minecraft? :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

I have never heard of Collabor 88 so I'm not sure how that plays into this. And I don't have a mesh avatar or any of the mesh parts. I do have mesh feet but not the expensive ones, I'm not spending 200L on feet hands or any other parts. I do like the mesh clothing but find it hard to find good fitting clothes and clothes I can afford. And your most likely correct, there are people that can't see them selves correctly and just have no idea what is mesh and what is not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...