Estate owners who allows banlines?

EniMausi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am searching for a new small 900-1800 prim parcel. That ones I found had always in their covenant that banlines not allowed, but I want my privacy. Does anyone know a good Parcell Seller, maybe with an internet page? Thanks in advance.

when you think banlines improve your privacy you'r not totally understanding the annoying flashing banlines for your neighbours and everybody who walks around near your land

the use of privacy settings in the about land is more usefull, so that others can't see you when you'r on your parcel.

Most estates don't allow banlines but support the use of security orbs with a warningtime +10 seconds

EniMausi wrote:

I have visit many sims including some with banlines and I never was annoyed by them. Apart from this, that they appear at close range. I just don't want somebody enter my property, no matter what.

So isn't that the answer to your own question? You want banlines, so rent from those sims with banlines.

You'll also undoubtedly get lots of private responses from Estates that allow banlines. To many of us, those are horrid, horrid places, but that only increases the privacy you seek.

You can visually turn off ban lines if you don't like to see them.  There isn't much difference between ban lines and a security orb that covers the whole property.

The privacy setting, while useful, only works for people outside a parcel, as soon as they set foot in a parcel they can see whatever is going on.  Using it without ban lines or a security orb that protects the whole property is only partially effective for that reason.

To the OP:

Google Second Life Estates and you will get a long list of estates in SL with websites.  Most of them have their covenants posted and you can see if they allow ban lines or not.  Note that some estates allow them in some regions but not others.

to the OP

Let me clear up a misunderstanding for you. banlines will not give you privacy. They go up to about 80 meters, so anyone can fly over your parcel. Using parcel privacy settings is better but as stated, if they are in the space above your parcel, even with banlines active, they can still see you.

So even if you do get land that allows banlines, you still need to get a security orb in order to have your privacy, and use one that bans people from the land, so then only that person will see banlines and they go all the way up to 5000m for them.

Find a place you like visually. Use a security orb that can ban, use parcel priavacy settings. It'll work out a lot better for you and be far less of a heache to find a nice place to enjoy and call home.

I am well aware of what you say, however just because you don't like them doesn't mean a landowner who is on a sim that allows them can't use them if they want to.

FYI I don't use ban lines myself, I use a security orb.  However I have nothing against anyone that chooses to use them.  I don't go on other peoples private property unless I am invited, so ban lines mean nothing to me. The people that object to them are usually people who feel they have the right to go where they please.  You can't object to them from an aesthetic point of view because you can turn them off visually if you want to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.