when you sign up for a specific membership, do they take out more money sign up for?

youngwriterash

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

You don't have to pay anything.  Basic memberships are free.  I have had mine for more than 8 years and have never paid for membership.  I pay for many other things (clothing, land, whatever...), but those are my own choice.  If you don't want to spend lots of money on things, don't.

Read >>> https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Accounts-overview/ta-p/700019

• Like 1

There are no hidden fees, but there are some things you need to be aware of:

• You can buy a Premium membership using the Monthly ($9.95/mo), Quarterly ($22.50/3 months) or Annual ($72/year) plans.  You save the most money with the Annual plan, but if you decide you want to downgrade back to Basic before your year is up, you will not get a refund.
  • If you live in a country that charges VAT tax, it will be added to your bill.
  • Your membership renews automatically.  You will not get a notice telling you it's due, Linden Lab will just bill your payment method.
  • If you want to buy more land than the 512 square meters of your Linden Home or tier-free Mainland parcel, there is an additional monthly fee.  It varies depending on how much total Mainland you hold.
  • Whether you are Premium or not, you are charged a small fee for uploading content (images, sounds, animations, mesh models) and also you pay a small fee when you purchase $L, and again when you sell $L in exchange for dollars.
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.