Sign in to follow this  
jackandvera

Any recommendations for file hosting site...etc???

Hiya all,

I've been googling around etc looking for a reliable site that can host psd files and such... So I was just wondering if anyone would know of a few that they would reccomend.  I've heard that some of these sites can be 'riddled' with viruses and I would hate for any of my customers to download something untoward onto their computers...

Any help will be very much appreciated......:matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

The only truly safe servers are ones that you control and pay for.

Cheap file-sharing sites exist but vary immensely in terms of reputation, and access to them can suffer as politics tries to control them. 'Course, even when they're semi-legit, you get ownership overreach and internal policing that can criminalise you and your activities online.

My favourite case of this was a well-known viewer developer, who'd host their material on... I think SourceForge. SourceForge's third-party ads frequently masquerade as fake "Download Now!" buttons and hilarity would ensue. The accidentally-downloaded malware was inevitably blamed on the viewer - which is now abandoned. One poor reputation at the top of the chain ruins everyone's hardwork underneath.