Rezzer & height & math :P

Xiija

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

so,

i have an artcar rezzer, i'm trying to get it to rez many different shape.size cars.

since the rezzer has no idea of the size of the object being rezzed,

i've tried to use boundingbox and getpos,llGround()  etc to make sure all cars rez about

1M off the ground....(script inside the cars)

i can't figure the math to check the root position vs the center of the linkset position in relation to the ground?

thanks for any help

X.

ETA: i just used a 15M set pos and llMoveToTarget :P

Make em physical and let them fall down. :matte-motes-tongue:

This should set the cars on the ground, as long as the root isn't rotated awkwardly. I prefer raycasts to detect the surface underneath. Works on prim surfaces also, not only on terrain.

default{     touch_start(integer total_number)    {        list lBB = llGetBoundingBox(llGetKey());        vector vSize = llList2Vector(lBB, 1) - llList2Vector(lBB, 0);        vector vCenter = (llList2Vector(lBB, 0) + llList2Vector(lBB, 1)) * 0.5;        vCenter.z -=  llFabs(vSize.z * 0.5);                vector vStart = llGetPos() - <0.0, 0.0, llFabs(vCenter.z)>;        list lRC = llCastRay(vStart, vStart - <0.0, 0.0, 15.0>, [RC_REJECT_TYPES, RC_REJECT_AGENTS|RC_REJECT_PHYSICAL, RC_MAX_HITS, 1]);        if (llList2Integer(lRC, -1))        {            llSetRegionPos(llList2Vector(lRC, 1) - <0.0, 0.0, vCenter.z>);        }    }}

Let me suggest this approach, because it has worked well for me in the past:

Use a script to record the position and rotation of the cars relative to the rezzer and then use an on_rez event to trigger the car to move to that relative position when it is rezzed.  I use a positioning script to do the job:

integer crate_channel=-14200;integer crate_listen_handle;integer count;vector rez_pos;vector my_pos;vector owner_pos;vector offset;rotation my_rot;rotation owner_rot;default{    state_entry()    {        string crate_name = llGetObjectName();        if (!~llSubStringIndex(crate_name, "VEHICLE"))        {            crate_name = "VEHICLE " + crate_name;                    }    //  crate_name = llGetSubString(crate_name, 0, 28);        llSetObjectName(crate_name);        owner_pos = llList2Vector(llGetObjectDetails(llGetOwner(), [OBJECT_POS]), 0);        my_pos = llGetPos();        my_rot = llGetRot();                    offset = my_pos - owner_pos;         llMessageLinked(LINK_THIS, TRUE, "AVRS_MENU", "");     }           on_rez(integer start_param)    {        if (start_param > 0)        {            llSetLinkAlpha(LINK_SET, 0.0, ALL_SIDES);            llMessageLinked(LINK_THIS, FALSE, "AVRS_MENU", "");             crate_listen_handle = llListen(crate_channel,"","","");             owner_pos = llList2Vector(llGetObjectDetails(llGetOwner(), [OBJECT_POS]), 0);            owner_rot = llList2Rot(llGetObjectDetails(llGetOwner(), [OBJECT_ROT]), 0);            llSetRot(my_rot * owner_rot);            llSetRegionPos(owner_pos + offset*owner_rot);        }        else if (start_param == 0)        {            state default;                      }      }    listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string message)    {        if (channel == crate_channel && llGetOwnerKey(id) == llGetOwner())        {                          if (message == "CLEAR_VEHICLE")            {                llMessageLinked(LINK_THIS, 0, "AVRS_CLEAR", "");                     llMessageLinked(LINK_SET, 0, "POOFER",NULL_KEY);                     llSleep(2.0);                llDie();            }            if (~llSubStringIndex(message, "POOF_START::"))            {                llMessageLinked(LINK_THIS, 0, message, id);            }            if (~llSubStringIndex(message, "POOF_END::"))            {                llMessageLinked(LINK_THIS, 0, message, id);                llMessageLinked(LINK_SET, 0, "POOFER",NULL_KEY);                llSleep(2.0);                llSetLinkAlpha(LINK_SET, 1.0, ALL_SIDES);                llMessageLinked(LINK_THIS, 0, "AVRS_REZ", "");                llMessageLinked(LINK_THIS, TRUE, "AVRS_MENU", "");             }        }    }        }

I use the script, above, to position vehicles relative to my avatar when the vehicles are rezzed from a HUD.  It also works with Horizons scene crates and can trigger an on-rez poofer effect.  You may not need all that; but, I hope this helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.