Who the F thought kudos was a good sort order?

PeterCanessa Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

There is no excuse for thinking the only available sort orders in answers should be 'newest first' (which every who commented hates) and 'most kudos' (which is meaningless at best and makes it impossible to follow the logic of a thread).  This is unusable.

There are MANY comments in feedback from experienced - and high-ranked, for what it's worth - residents saying they need to see the thread in 'oldest first' order.

SO - Who is responsible for this?  Who ignored, or didn't bother to read, all the comments and feedback?  Who thought 'random' was a good thread order?

EDIT:  Thanks for that, so it's become even more extra clicks for every single thread *sigh*.  Heading in the wrong direction fast.  I don't appear to be able to reply to my own question either, so I'm editing here.  Also screws-up on IE8.  Not fit for purpose so I'll leave it until it's fixed.  Most unhappy.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

I am baffled by the "improvements" it seems people are complaining & saying that ranks should be abolished so now we have kudos added. Then we ask for a better sort order, including bumping of threads with new posts and this is what we get instead.

Come to think of it, why are we surprised? LOL :D

Hi Peter, we can still sort by oldest first but the interface is, um, bad?

First, change the sort order from Most Kudos to Newest First. After the page refreshes, the Oldest First option is finally available.  It is a mystery why such options would be toggles inside a menu.

• Like 2

Actually, it looks to me as though it's now automatically sorted by "oldest first" which is a good thing!

However, it is also sorted by "most kudos" as a sub-sorting of oldest first. So you will get oldest first but if one newer one has more kudos then it will come higher, if that makes sense!

I like the fact that its sorted by oldest first, but personally I'd turn off the kudos sorting and just let someone sort it by kudos if they wish. I'm hoping LL will see sense and do that.

• Like 1

Doh! Ok - I just realised I worded my answer incorrectly. I mean to say "I'd turn off kudos sorting" (meaning I'd turn it off if I were LL) rather than "I turn off Kudos sorting" (I'll edit that).

I don't believe there is currently a way to turn it off for ourselves unfortunately. I'm kinda hoping LL will see sense and turn it off though and I'm going to gentle nudge Lexie and Amanda if I speak to them at the User Group meetings and stuff.

I don't mind having various sort options someone can select if they wish, but I think the default should be oldest to newest and nothing else. We are slowly getting there. They have at least switched from the previous default of newest to oldest. Now we just need them to turn off the default kudos sorting! (Mind you - if kudos is to be a sort option the user can select, I argue that a more suitable sort option might be number of correct 'solutions' rather than the slightly more arbitrary 'kudos'!)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.