Sign in to follow this  
JamesKisson

Extremely talented RPer feeling lost in SL

Hi all!

I love SL, but what I find lacking is the skill of communication and RPers for the most part are no where to be found.  Everyone for the most part types BADLY. *Hi and HMU* are not my idea of RP.

I am a RL gay male who also RPs a gay male and have in other venues RPed many things and sexes.  I have explored communities, but all I can find are people wanting cam sex and RL hook ups and ...well, vampires etc. with no story lines or ability to act the part.  I keep hearing Gor, but honestly, I'm looking for modern day RP.

Perhaps I have been in the wrong locals?  I am not oppossed to furs, and have a fur avi as well.

If anyone out there is a SKILLED RPer and would like to develope friendship/story...more...please find me evenings EST in game.  Lets make some STORY!

If you NEED a fast typing, properly emoting skilled RPer, feel free to also contact me!

Yep. Second Life.

I can't say for certain, since I know nothing about roleplay sims, but I think you are just in the wrong locales. Someone told me a tip about announcing mundane actions using emotes to tell others that you are a roleplayer. Without that signal, they may just be hanging out and not roleplaying at theat moment.

I try and stay in character pretty much all the time, but during my "fourth wall roleplaying" moments when I'm not actually roleplaying, I'm using acronyms and joking around like everyone else.

Well your post brings me to another topic and one of my pet peeves in SL.

Sure I joke around too...or just have RL type convos with people.

BUT...There is this little thing called..a PROFILE...and a RL PROFILE and a place for NOTES as many as you want to cram in there.

The world would be a better place if people would ACTUALLY take the time to fill those out.  Like...Im here just looking for RL hook ups or...exp. RPer....or looking for BOTH. That way you can ask the person OOC if they are open to RP, even if they are just goof'n around.

I've met a few RPers on non RP sims etc. and I have NEVER met a RPer ona RP sim.  Odd.  But a complete profile goes a LONG way to saving your fingers..I feel like a fisherman, creep profile, cast IM, see what bites and 9 times out of ten, throw it the hell back and RUN!

BRING ME SOME SKILL! We have the avi's, we have the toys thanks to the great creators out there...all we are missing is STORY!

I'd love to RP with you, or at least give it a go! Hit me up in game (or I'll hunt you down) and we can have a play :-)

Hey PM me inworld! I would love to make some new friends! I'm also a para-RPer but constantly feeling lost in SL, it's tough making friends here!