unable to connect to simulator

Katiie Lionheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been trying to get into SL so two days now and getting the same message. Unable to connect to simulator. I have tried viewer 2and phoenix and same thing each time. I can log into secondlife_beta but I don't have group... friends... and I can't tp anywhere. I need help this is frustrating. I have tried on another computer as well and same message and I have gone as far as uninstalling sl and installing it again and same problem... someone please help me.

This happened to me the first time tonight... I fixed this by typing in the region Hippo Hollow and then connected.  It worked.  I always go to Hippo Hollow if I have lag issues, any bugs or issues loading etc.  This is a great place.  I would try typing this in the region bit and reconnecting.  Hope this helps!  Cheers

• Like 5

I just fell victim to the same bug. I tried different viewers and different alts, getting the same cryptic message: unable to connect to simulator. Logging in to different sims didn't work. I was wearing my own group tag. Then I read this thread and tried Medhue Simoni's suggestion: Just Navigate to C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming and Delete the whole Secondlife folder. It took a while to boot up, and then it was like loading second life for the very first time. Phew!

• Like 1

Belosinda had the correct methad just connect to hippo hollow and your golden iv had this issue on 3 diffrent pc's and each time this happens I slip into" hippo hollow" and its resolved. and no Nyll bergbahn its nohthing to do with "invalid characters in your group tap or in your name... nor is it a rare issue. it happens a bit here more then you would think~ people just dont bother to comment about it with "fixes" out there when by and large it can be fixed in less then 30 secends~

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.