Sign in to follow this  
Katiie Lionheart

unable to connect to simulator

Question

Same thing happened to me. What I did? I chose a diferent starting point on the log in window. And I was in.

What cause it, and how a diferent starting point helped? Beats me! But it worked. Hope it works for you as well.

Just want to say I was having this problem but after using Clementina as my starting place like Venus Petrov said, it worked just fine. Try it out and it might work for you.

This happened to me the first time tonight... I fixed this by typing in the region Hippo Hollow and then connected.  It worked.  I always go to Hippo Hollow if I have lag issues, any bugs or issues loading etc.  This is a great place.  I would try typing this in the region bit and reconnecting.  Hope this helps!  Cheers

• Like 5

I just fell victim to the same bug. I tried different viewers and different alts, getting the same cryptic message: unable to connect to simulator. Logging in to different sims didn't work. I was wearing my own group tag. Then I read this thread and tried Medhue Simoni's suggestion: Just Navigate to C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming and Delete the whole Secondlife folder. It took a while to boot up, and then it was like loading second life for the very first time. Phew!

• Like 1

Thanks Belosinda, after many attempts I took your suggestion and straight in. Great suggestion and stopped the frustration of trying to log constantly with simulator thing coming up. Ty ty Bel :)

:smileymad: I have been getting the same thing as of 3/6/2014 I have not group tag on and it says failed, how do I fix this?

I also cant open the simulator.I tried creating a new charcter and its work but my old user cannot loggin.

How can i remove my group tag pls explain im so confused.

Belosinda had the correct methad just connect to hippo hollow and your golden iv had this issue on 3 diffrent pc's and each time this happens I slip into" hippo hollow" and its resolved. and no Nyll bergbahn its nohthing to do with "invalid characters in your group tap or in your name... nor is it a rare issue. it happens a bit here more then you would think~ people just dont bother to comment about it with "fixes" out there when by and large it can be fixed in less then 30 secends~