Cant logon! SL crash during logon

Mik Hastings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I try to logon SL crash, I get the logon screen and put in my PW. The world starts to load and then I will get a crashreport. With my other Avatar its no problem at all. This problem is for Mik Hastings. Its very frustrating....

I have tried to logon in another region and Im using SL official viewer latest version nothing helps The wolrd is loading and then crash

8 answers to this question

As Darren says, try logging in to a different location.

If you need help on how to do this take a look at the Knowledge Base entry here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Navigating-the-world/ta-p/700123#Changing_your_login_location

Note that this references the old Viewer 1.23 in the screenshots, but the principle is essentially the same in Viewer 2. :)

If the suggestions given already do not help, you could try to move the following folder somewhere else and try to log in again. The folder contains files specific to each avatar, chat and im logs among other things, so you probably want to keep it around. A new folder will be created the next time you log in.

The path is this:

• Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\SecondLife\Avatarname
  • Windows 7 and Vista: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\Avatarname
  • Mac OSX: Users/Username/Library/Application Support/SecondLife/Avatarname

[EDIT] Medhue already said this. Try what he said :)

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.