I know this has been asked before... Own Function Libraries...

Domitan Redenblack

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

pretty sure the basic answer was covered in post 2 by Crystal (no, it must be done manually)

PS.
there is no way to "quietly" push new scripts/functions/libraries to customers withing lsl, since the functions that deliver and replace scripts must be owned by the same owner.... that means at the very least a new object that updaates the old one, either directly, or by complete replacment of the object in question.

Ahh I missed Crystal's reply for some reason and yes, I'm very much aware of the lack of "quiet"-ness. Just seemed to me, like so many posts in this forum and many others, that it had traveled in a direction not in keeping with the OP. But hey, just recently came back to SL after an absence and felt like diving back in :)

It would certainly be nice to have some form of pre-processor directives and most certainly a versioning system added into it as well. Something like:

#include my_library.lsl

or even...

#include-latest my_library.lsl

and have it compare the script's version number so you could automatically push the latest version at compile time and even force a recompile at run-time if required.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.