Sign in to follow this  
Gossamery

when i submitted my credit card info, second life get $1 from it without any notice

Question

9 answers to this question

Yeah I`ve had it for online shopping sites before...Trying to remember if it gets refunded by CC company or if I ended up paying it, as it has been a while since I added details to a new site....You could call you CC if it really bothers you as I`m sure they would refund it if its not automatically recredited to you, since its part of their security measures.

Hi Gossamery. Don't worry. It's ok. Like Peewee said, it's for verification purposes, to see if your credit card info works. It's pretty standard practice for establishing online payment accounts.

Yes it is right and also there is a notice that tells you that they will do so. After your account has been verified they will refund you the money in Linden$ balance to your account, this will be in the amount of 250$ or there abouts. 

Gossamery wrote:

... ... ...without any reasons and announcements?

See the KB: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037

We send a US$1.00 authorization to ensure that a credit card is valid. While this isn't a billing, the card must have at least US$1.00 available on it to pass validation. 

• Like 1

Darren's answer is incorrect. Irene has it right.

LL posts an authorization request to your card, but they don't bill the card, and they retract the request after they have verified that the card company would have been willing to pay them that $1 USD.  For a matter of a few minutes, your available credit limit on your card is reduced by $1. But it pops right back again, once they retract the request.

They do NOT actually charge you $1 and pay it back to you in L$. If you set up credit card info and soon after that saw L$250 appear in your account, that is probably because you bought a Premium membership, and the L$ is your stipend payment or else it might be a sign-up bonus. At one point, if you agreed to enter payment info at the time you signed up for a brand new account, LL would pay you L$250 or so as an incentive for having payment info on file with them from the beginning. I don't think that has been the case for years, but they may have re-instated that policy.