Any answers?

Richtea57

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In addition to the late Sir Pterry's Eater of Socks, there must surely be a Nibbler of Socks which creates the (extra) holes rather than entirely consuming said footwear. Perhaps the Dark Young of the Eater of Socks?

As for the strange phenomenon of 'sock hole reversibility', maybe it can be attributed to the multidimensional nature of the many-angled creatures responsible. Or it is just a very big hole.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Richtea57 wrote:

So, my question is this: How is it that when I put the sock on my right foot, my big toe still pokes through, meaning that the hole has magically moved a couple of inches to the left?

Recently a discovery was made that socks actually exist in another dimension than the rest of our world.  In actuality it has many more dimensions. What we see as a sock is just our dimensions manifestation of it.

Socks follow the laws of physics for the dimension they exist in.  Thus the same hole can appear to the left or right depending on its relation to the big toe in our dimension.  This also explains why when you put a pair in the wash, sometimes only one will emerge and why one sock of the same pair will never stay up but slouches messily.  The translation of the other dimensions laws of physics from their dimension to ours accounts for all sock phenomenon.  It involves a very complicated mathematical formula that is too long to write out on these pages.

Socks are made from string. So it should come as no surprise that Sock Theory descends from String Theory.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Socks are made from string.

It goes like this, kinda, anyway:

If you want to destroy my sock

hold this thread as I walk away

Watch me unravel, I'll soon be naked

Lying on the floor

I've come undone

weezer

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Richtea57 wrote:

So, my question is this: How is it that when I put the sock on my right foot, my big toe still pokes through, meaning that the hole has magically moved a couple of inches to the left?

Recently a discovery was made that socks actually exist in another dimension than the rest of our world.  In actuality it has many more dimensions. What we see as a sock is just our dimensions manifestation of it.

Socks follow the laws of physics for the dimension they exist in.  Thus the same hole can appear to the left or right depending on its relation to the big toe in our dimension.  This also explains why when you put a pair in the wash, sometimes only one will emerge and why one sock of the same pair will never stay up but slouches messily.  The translation of the other dimensions laws of physics from their dimension to ours accounts for all sock phenomenon.  It involves a very complicated mathematical formula that is too long to write out on these pages.

Socks are made from string. So it should come as no surprise that Sock Theory descends from String Theory.

This also answers that timeless question "What universe do you come from?" which is frequently uttered by people viewing a sock puppet post.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Richtea57 wrote:

exactly

is the Law of Inverse Similarity which is strong in this/our dimension. The mages are also warning that the Law of Contagion has also been getting stronger. We are in for trouble times seems like

also it seems Sock Peelers are up to their ages old tricks again, as evidenced here by OP. The Sock Peelers are inverting the Law of Inverse Similarity for their own nefarious ends.To subjugate the Sock Pullers people. Which they will always deny, like they are somehow innocent. But not

they always do this when the Law of Contagion waxes strong. They are quite dastardly are them Sock Peelers

Hey, Rich, have you tried to get an explanation over in the Answers section for this?

Or do you reckon the Many Worlds Interpretation as applied to Sock Theory is too much for them?

[As an aside, given the universality of bilateral symmetry, how can we be sure that what you are saying is left is the same as what we are considering left, and vice versa for right.]

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Hey, Rich, have you tried to get an explanation over in the Answers section for this?

Or do you reckon the Many Worlds Interpretation as applied to Sock Theory is too much for them?

[As an aside, given the universality of bilateral symmetry, how can we be sure that what you are saying is left is the same as what we are considering left, and vice versa for right.]

In all fairness to the folks that usually wo[man] the SL Answers forum, the sock dilemma question is only applicable to the General Discussion Forum since the creation, management and taming of socks has nothing to do with SecondLife per-se.

Of course when the Socks sub-forum is finally created this discussion will enter it as a shiny example of a profound life affirming question to be sure.

Richtea57 wrote:

Answers section? There's an answers section?

Possibly LL, but only here; presumably somewhere there's a dedicated Sock Theory forum.  

You can't be sure at all. Crikey, I'm not sure about anything anymore.

MWI suggests that there are an infinite number of dedicated Sock Theory forums.

[unfortunately, none of them have the answer to where the missing socks can be found.]

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Richtea57 wrote:

Answers section? There's an answers section?

Possibly LL, but only here; presumably somewhere there's a dedicated Sock Theory forum.  

You can't be sure at all. Crikey, I'm not sure about anything anymore.

MWI suggests that there are an infinite number of dedicated Sock Theory forums.

[unfortunately, none of them have the answer to where the missing socks can be found.]

the_lost_sock_by_recycledwax-d38gu9b.jpg

One Possibility

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.