2 heads after mesh head hybid = no emotions

Scamp Skytower

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

crikey i really thought about that subject but its true. i'm so crap at mesh and all that stuff. i had all my clothes but wanted a realistic head so then i saw a hybrid avatar. 'normal' avatar (clothes fit) except mesh head (ie better looking). perfect solution i thought. but then i wanted to emote my generally sexy but grumpy face. nothing seemed to work until i realised wide mouths were sticking out the bottom of my chin and then only one that showed anything was tongue sticking out. ...

the gestures that are in effect are affecting the original head which occasionally sticks through the lovely mesh one

my mesh headed avatar (a complete avatar) came with an alpha to cover the old head but any facial gestures\animations(preferably)  

sorry (continuation) ....

seem to only affect the original inner head and my outer head stays as grumpy as always.

any solutions would be helpful. i know mesh heads have emotions/expressions and i know in theory i can 'behead' my original avatar but i'm too technophobic to start  playing with this kind of stuff on a guess. i need someone here to say yes or no.

i'm happy with my avatar but i'd also like my avatar to show that she's happy (sad confused angry baffled) too.

thanks all (i really appreciate this community).

S

The facial expression for the mesh head won't change unless it came with a HUD to change it.  Gestures and animations only work on the legacy avatar.

Sorry you are probably stuck with a static expression when you wear that mesh head.  There are heads that come with expression HUDs but you have to change the expression manually.  It doesn't automatically happen.

seriously!? no. surely there are mesh heads with animations from an ao? I'm sure i've seen them.

or are you saying i need a full mesh avatar? and not just a head?

can i detach my original head (or will the animations just not work rather than act upon the features of the 'only' existing head.

thanks?

is basically as Amethyst says

standard facial animations are morphs and only work on the default avatar. Morphs are something that mesh body makers do want but LL havent enabled this yet (maybe never will dunno)

is some mesh heads that do have facial expressions. Some that do morph but they arent standard morphs. They have been specially created by the mesh head maker for their head

some do this automagically like you have noticed. Others you have to do manually. On some you can set the HUD to do either or both

is a evolving art making mesh heads and bodies. Some makers are more advanced in the features offered. Just have to shop round til you get something you like

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.