Should i get rid of my Premium account & 1024 land and rent instead?

LoveAshley89

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3328 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a premium account and a land 1024 sq ft. It's  great oceanview land but i'm thinking of getting rid of it and instead of paying an extra $5 a month, i can rent a bigger parcel for the same price ($5) than what i'm paying now and save money from paying my premium account $22 every 3 months pls $5 a month. What should I do? I see people rent mainland without having to worry about tier feee, just pay and rent. Is it better to own or rent mainland????

2 answers to this question

That's really a personal decision.  The Premium land fee waiver is important to many people.  Others become Premium because they want access to

• all categories of support cases
  • Live Chat
  • Premium (low griefer) sandboxes
  • Premium gifts
  • Premium hunts/quests
  • L$300/week stipend

It's up to you.

ETA:  I should probably also remind you that you can rent anywhere in SL as a Basic member.  You don't have to restrict yourself to renting on the mainland.  Rents can be higher in private estates, but that's not always true by any means.  Private estates can have more varied terrain and (sometimes) more supportive residential covenants that restrict commercial activity or signage. I do not allow either on my estate, for example, and don't allow ban lines either.

• Like 2

As Rolig says, it's a personal decision.  It can be a tough one, too.  If your landlord is a good one, renting can be wonderful.  It's easy to leave, if you want to move.  No land to sell, no Premium dues to pay.  If your landlord is NOT good, though, it can be a terrible experience.  You could get kicked out for doing what seems (to you) like nothing at all.  Or for being a day late with the rent.  Or suddenly homeless, if the landlord goes out of business.

You can save a bit, if you decide to remain Premium, by choosing the annual plan at $72.00 per year.  Be sure this is what you want, though, because if you change your mind and want to downgrade before your year is up, you will not get a refund of unused time.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3328 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.