Do Employment Agencies really work?

Mags Indigo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's one of these things in SL - there seems to be a lot about from time to time - then they die out for a while and then you get another spate of them. I find it hard to believe that they can be hugely successful, and as yet noone seems ready to come up with any 'argument' for or against.

I guess it's one of those ventures that people are a bit reluctant to talk about success rates... no idea why.

I do a lot of hiring in SL. I also use an employment group for one of my sources. It is free. I have not tried a service that has fees. I would be a bit leary of it.. I guess I would have the same question if  a paid for service is as affective or not.. Or Better..

I do get quite a few replies from the group I am in. They allow one group notice for Business owners to send, per day.

I have an inworld employment agency and have been around for a while. I get in about 100 visitors daily and most people that advertise in my office get good clicks on their ads. This is because i am high in search rankings and also advertise in classifieds and on the forums myself.

The business is not really looking for people and matching them with businesses one on one, its more about getting in vistors that are looking for a job and advertisers that are looking for employees.

An ad board costs L$100 a week and you get a message when someone clicks your ads. From some of my customers i hear that they contact people who have clicked their ads and get good results from it. Some get good clicks and responses, others just lot of clicks and some not that much click. It depends on the ad, placement and how interesting your offer is i support. Also you can send notices in my groups

Job Agencies succesfullnes? there are a few that have been around for a while, Exposed, Jobstar, Virtual horizons. My business does ok, its profitable and my clients are happy so im not complaining.

I would like to invite people who want to give it a try to come over, and i will refund you the first week of rent for the ad board you choose. (just send me a message after renting)

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Lovers%20Lane/56/31/1504

• 4 weeks later...

Very short answer, "Yes, absolutely"

• People are searching for a job
  • Entrepreneurs submits open positions
  • A job agency will be founded in the classified ad "The rendezvous"
  • It brings the active people together

9 of the 10 business owners are serious otherwise they don't invest in job advertising. Some job searchers aren't that serious and are wasting the precious time  of the Entrepreneur and indirectly for those who are serious searching for a job.

Yours sincerely,

Heathcliff Harbrough

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.