The Reviews I REALLy Hate!

Nefertiti Nefarious

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As a consumer, I hate those as well, because there are no details describing WHY so should I buy the product, or shouldn't I? Was it user error, a detail that I might like but the reviewer didn't, or is there an actual problem with the product?

Details in reviews are important to both creator and consumer. 

Nefertiti Nefarious wrote:

Are the 1-star reviews thsat say "
sucks
". or "
disappointed
" or "
horrible
"

Because I don't know what they didn't like, l which means I can't fix it! 

As a shopper, I do not take those kind of reviews serious at all, as they make no sense. Not for the creator and not for the shopper.

sucks
". or "
disappointed
" or "
horrible
"

I flag those that i come acrossas off topic of flame posts.. I just wish i got reviews.. people buy stuff and never leave reviews..

To just write a review like this, is a bit rude, I think. I am sure, that often the customer hasn't read the instructions very well, or they haven't read the ad correctly before purchasing. - I do not pay much attention to such reviews, without further explanations than: 1 star/bad product.

The worst of the bad reviews in my opinion, are the ones which are written on give-away-gift items. You get something for free, and write a bad review? This is really very strange behavior in my eyes.

As a consumer I sometimes buy several things at the same time, and then I mostly do not go back to MP to take the time to write reviews at all of the items. Too lazy I guess, sorry.

- But if a purchase really disappoint me, I use to IM the merchant first, and I almost never write a bad review, before giving the merchant a chance first, to fix a problem....If a purchase, however, really makes me excited and happy, I always write a good review.

Those knd are meaningless. If I don't like something, I'll say why...Like a house I bought...Looked fine at the demo inworld and was on sale on the MP so bought it there and rezzed it...Got 1 star...review stated "house looked great in the demo in world, but when I rezzed it, the texturing was just bad...didn't match, different repeats. Build had obviously adjusted the textures on the demo but didn't bother on the actual product.".or..."Would give 0 stars if I could. Description looks good but the item was never delivered. I did try to contact the vendor multiple times and no reply so I'm out the money. Don't waste yours."..

That kind is helpful fo other buyers...A good one..."5 stars..X knocks it out of the park. Texturing is above average and sizing makes it a pleasure to wear as I don't have to fight with it. Textures and colors also match other items in the store to make mixing and matching flawless. When's your next item coming out?"

Replies/reviews like that are helpful. As a merchant, tell me what the problem is so I can fix it.

I think you know why people are disappointed. There are enough recent reviews that are letting you know. Your items were great for many years but they have been surpassed by 3D items that are also one prim and are often just as cheap. We won't go into the reasons why this has happened, but as a result your items will continue to disappoint customers. It might be necessary to be even more clear that the item is a flat picture only and NOT 3D <- this is exactly how I would word it if I was selling it. Otherwise you will get sales but these will be followed by bad reviews because people are expecting 3D..

sucks
". or "
disappointed
" or "
horrible
"

You know what i really really hate? "Merchants" who take Google search images, trim the background and sell them in SL.

• 2 weeks later...

Muletta wrote:

The worst of the bad reviews in my opinion, are the ones which are written on give-away-gift items. You get something for free, and write a bad review? This is really very strange behavior in my eyes.

I write a lot of reviews on freebies ... if it's truly horrid, I explain why it's not worth the space it takes in my inventory, and if it has places to improve, I'll mention them. 

But I never write the "this sux" review. If it sux, I explain why.

• 3 weeks later...

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

They are just as meaningless as the five star review that say:

"love it, 5 stars"

"awesome"

"wonderful"

You have no idea what they like.

That's a very good point!

If I was to go off reviews, I would accept that a brief none positive review meant that the item was "as advertised" but if its a negative review that is brief and none descriptive it does seem to raise the question of "Why?"

It's human nature that when we get something we paid for and we are satisfied we move on with out lives and rarely bother to leave a review

If we are disappointed THEN we have an incentive to leave a negative review... whether that be to get the attention of the merchant or just to let off steam

There is no incentive to leave a positive review which is why some merchants offer financial incentives if customers leave reviews but then it falls into the whole moral issue of how authentic those "positive" reviews are

Perhaps if there was some kind of incentive to leave good or bad reviews not organised by the merchant but LL such as credit tokens to spend on the MP if they leave more than X amount of reviews..

I dunno.. but its a rare thing for any customer to take the time to leave a positive review without prodding or poking or merchant persuasion .. so when someone does I make a point of leaving a thank you comment 

• 3 weeks later...

LillyBeth Filth wrote:

I dunno.. but its a rare thing for any customer to take the time to leave a positive review without prodding or poking or merchant persuasion .. so when someone does I make a point of leaving a thank you comment 

I hardly get reviews, but I don't think it's a rare thing for some merchants. I also don't agree that customers are more likely to give reviews when they are unhappy. They are just as likely, if not more likely to review if they are very happy with the item. So, if a merchant sells high quality items they will receive many reviews. This same merchant will also make many sales, thus increasing the likelihood of reviews. Those are two factors that determine how many reviews an item gets - high quality and high sales volume. The two normally go together.

A friend of mine gets at least 1 review per day, usually several, with no prodding or rewarding.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.