How to start your own store?

BriaZz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Heey residents!

Can someone tell me what I have to do to create my own store?

'Use your payment method for a transaction. Transactions include making a Marketplace purchase or a Linden dollar (L$) purchase on the LindeX.'

I don't know or even understand what I have to do. Could someone help?

Thanks! 

5 answers to this question

The out-of-context passage you've quoted sounds like it's referring to a Marketplace store. Is that what you're trying to do?

If so, you'll need to do as it says - purchase some Linden Dollars (our in-world currency) or pay for something on the Marketplace.

This is different from trying to build a store in-world.

Please note we can only help based on what you contain in your question. Missing information will reduce our helpfulness.

• Like 1

Thanks Freya!

I know the marketplace, and I bought some stuff already. But I still can't create a store on the marketplace. So that's the problem.

I live in Europe, so buying lindens from Second Life would be a bit difficult it think...

Assuming your question is "how do I create a store on the marketplace", all you need to know is in the links below (and the links embedded in it):

To start selling in the Second Life Marketplace, you need to:

1. Create a store - Accept the Marketplace Terms of Service and create your store.
  2. List items for sale - Upload items to the Marketplace and list your products.
  3. Preview your store - See your store as your customers will see it.
  4. Promote your products - Learn how to market your products succesfully.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Selling-in-the-Marketplace/ta-p/700193

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Selling-objects/ta-p/700143

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-your-Marketplace-store/ta-p/700191

Like the others, I can only guess at what you are trying to do or where you are stuck.  It looks like you are getting a message about activating your account on the LindeX.  Once you have registered a payment method (credit card or PatPal account), you do need to make at least one purchase of L$ (a couple of dollars == L$500 will be enough) to start the clock on your credit limit.

You must have a registered payment method before you open a Marketplace store because Linden Lab needs to have some way to pay out any profits you may want to take out of SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.