Stuff you may not know

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The individual wiggles and wobbles of chewy caramel of every single Curly Wurly are spot-welded together by angelic faced and raggedy-arsed urchins snatched by child catchers from the streets of Bournville. The chocolate is painted on by a group of gifted squirrels from Milton Keynes.

In Elizabethan times trouser legs used to be called Davenports, after Henry Davenport who invented the left leg to compliment the already existing right leg. As an accidental by product of left leg invention, he could also be credited with inventing raambling.

Smith and Wesson were the pseudonyms of Gilbert and Sullivan, which is why, in the director's cut of 'Dirty Harry', in a tribute to the Magnum 44's makers you see Clint, immediately after the, 'Do you feel lucky' soliloquy, carry on in his husky whisper;

'For I am called Buttercup. Dear little Buttercup. Though Icould never tell why. But I'm still called Buttercup. Dear little Buttercup. Sweet little Buttercup I. Punk' 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once appeared in a movie (In The Line Of Fire) with Clint Eastwood.

You can just see my right knee poking out from behind a pillar in the Arrivals Hall of LAX International Terminal when he, that ugly Russo woman, and a bunch of extras fly in from Washington to let Malkovich try to kill them.

Clint looks much older in real life than he does in the Rawhide TV programmes.

All this talk of rubbing shoulders and kneecaps with Clint, rather puts my one claim to fame in the shade; In 1977 I  played pinball with Gaye Advert in the Crystal Room amusement arcade at the bottom of West Street.

What do you mean, you've no idea who Gaye Advert is...that's my claim to fame you're destoying.:) 

Thats the fella. I was queing up to get into the pub where they were playing when I saw her going into the arcade, so, being young, brave and fairly drunk, I followed her, (stalking hadn't been invented yet) we played doubles on the pinball....ah, happy days.

That's really quite cool.

Funnily enough, I saw them in the 'Top Rank Suite', which is opposite the pub I saw the Adverts...actally, thinking about it, it's not that funny, after all. 

'Top Rank Suite', it was as classy as it sounds. They filmed the dance hall scene from Quadrophenia in there.

Richtea57 wrote:

The individual wiggles and wobbles of chewy caramel of every single Curly Wurly are spot-welded together by angelic faced and raggedy-arsed urchins snatched by child catchers from the streets of Bournville. The chocolate is painted on by a group of gifted squirrels from Milton Keynes.

In Elizabethan times trouser legs used to be called Davenports, after Henry Davenport who invented the left leg to compliment the already existing right leg. As an accidental by product of left leg invention, he could also be credited with inventing raambling.

Smith and Wesson were the pseudonyms of Gilbert and Sullivan, which is why, in the director's cut of 'Dirty Harry', in a tribute to the Magnum 44's makers you see Clint, immediately after the, 'Do you feel lucky' soliloquy, carry on in his husky whisper;

'For I am called Buttercup. Dear little Buttercup. Though Icould never tell why. But I'm still called Buttercup. Dear little Buttercup. Sweet little Buttercup I. Punk' 

I never knew all of this. Thank you for ..well, filling my last braincells with this knowledge.

It may - or may not, as your post seemed a mere preamble to matters of no interest whatsoever - to know that curly whirlys are a ephemeral shadow of what they used to be in their '70's glory days.

Cadburys is no more, effectively.  You do know that, right?

Rather like Fender.  A fullerton stratocaster is precisely that.

A premise, or basic fact, is a must, I am afraid, when posting stuffs online.

I had intended to take a break from the forums of these forums of th eundead, but you keep dragging me back in.

I know; it's the same with Wagon Wheels, which used to be the size of, well wagon wheels. And, in a vaguely similar vein (because Wagon Wheels only came from the school tuck shop), I want to know why i can no longer get Potato Puffs.

Fact and online? Surely and oxymoron?

"I had intended to take a break from the forums of these forums of th eundead, but you keep dragging me back in."

Please accept my apologies.

True, I haven't, but the "I had intended to take a break from the forums of these forums of th eundead, but you keep dragging me back in.", quote came from an earlier post by Hoshi. I accept full responibility for the confusion; I hadn't figured out how to quote it properly.

In my defence, it's early and I have to concentrate on picking slow horse for the Cheltenham Festival

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.