Confessions of a Second Life 'Clothes Whore'

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3327 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I’ll admit it - I’m a Second Life clothes whore. I love seeing an outfit in real life and thinking 'I bet I can put that look together in Second Life'. I have about 17K items in my inventory after a major cleaning and the majority is in fact clothing. If there is a addiction support group in world with a 12 step program I should be attending the meetings? Can you send me a LM and a schedule?

Also, I just recently purchased a mesh body and as a result am now putting together some new outfits and saving them in, you guessed it, Outfits. I noticed the number of saved Outfits I have is now in excess of 250!

I'm just curious of how many saved Outfits do some of you other self confessed clothes whores have?

When your inventory reaches 50,000 + ..THEN you can worry! Yours is virtually empty! You know what I would do? GO SHOPPING!!! lol! I'm actually going through my inventory and trying to do a clean out as well. Getting rid of all the old, outdated stuff. I may be down in your range if I can ever get it done! :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

A good friend of mine from the old days only used to bother sorting her inventory when she got to 100,000 items.

I think they were mainly shoes, because whenever I bumped into her she didn't seem to have many clothes on.

[i, on the other hand, number my Outfits in almost double figures.]

Katt Lavender wrote:

I’ll admit it - I’m a Second Life clothes whore. I love seeing an outfit in real life and thinking 'I bet I can put that look together in Second Life'. I have about 17K items in my inventory after a major cleaning and the majority is in fact clothing. If there is a addiction support group in world with a 12 step program I should be attending the meetings? Can you send me a LM and a schedule?

Also, I just recently purchased a mesh body and as a result am now putting together some new outfits and saving them in, you guessed it, Outfits. I noticed the number of saved Outfits I have is now in excess of 250!

I'm just curious of how many saved Outfits do some of you other self confessed clothes whores have?

17K?!?!? I have over 70K... I really need to take a week and orgainze things.

my name is iri, i am a clothaholic

2 days ago I not only bought more clothes I also buy a clothes rack with mesh clothes on it. Clothes I cant even wear. Then bc I had nowhere to put it I went and rented an apartment for it. Is a lovely apartment for a clothes rack. Annnndd bc they looked so lonely I also buy a apartment full of furnishings and fittings to keep them company

i am sooo doomed. bc I then buy even more clothes after that for myself. Just so the clothes rack never had newer clothes than me. Please help !!

(:

Having been called on by the session moderator /me [..walks up the membership aisle in her green and black form hugging knit dress, her black back-seamed silk stockings ending in a pair of strappy high heels clicking promently as she moves] - Removing her black evening hat, she looks over the assembled membership and in a sobbing voice recites:

"Hello, My name is KarenMichelle and I'm " as her voice breaks through a sob and her eyes look out defiantly "..I'm a Clothes Whore!"

KarenMichelle looks down in apparent shame and then looks up the aisle towards where Betty is sitting and continues...

"Yes!  I buy too much too often and have only just started to try to stop...."

Standing up tall she continues...

"But in my defense I have organized my 70K inventory so I can find any look I need to.." pausing she rethinks her words and begins again "..that I want to have for any occasion."

Smiling she ends with "Here at least I'm among kindred spirits and maybe, just maybe together we can control our impulses....."

Aethelwine wrote:

Where did you get that dress, it looks stunning?

from https://karenmichelle.wordpress.com/2012/11/10/it-can-happen-to-you-fashion-lessons-never-keep-her-waiting

as-never-keep-her-waiting-close-up.png

Dress: Agy’s Secret – Insolente – in Green Mesh

Hair: A&A – Louisiana Hair 2

Boots: Bax – Black Patent Ankle Boots

Makeup: Sahne Lip Crème – Bright Red – Lip 2

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Aislin Ceawlin wrote:

Oh to h#*l with this, I'm going shopping! That dress is gorgeous! :matte-motes-big-grin:

I hate shopping!

These days, the only way I'll wear something new is if you give it to me. Here's a DQ Darwin creation...

Dee

/me breaks out his telephoto lens... Yo Maddie, you need some help? *snaps a few dozen pictures to sell to the various magazines*

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

/me breaks out his telephoto lens... Yo Maddie, you need some help? *snaps a few dozen pictures to sell to the various magazines*

The ones of her actually falling would sell for much higher prices.

Would you like to borrow a sniper rifle to shoot her fingers off?

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Aislin Ceawlin wrote:

Oh to h#*l with this, I'm going shopping! That dress is gorgeous! :matte-motes-big-grin:

I hate shopping!

These days, the only way I'll wear something new is if you give it to me. Here's a DQ Darwin creation...

Dee

Sure, I could use some help. I'm trying to caulk a crack in the lighthouse, but I can't reach the caulk gun.

Slide it over towards me?

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Aislin Ceawlin wrote:

I hate shopping!

Dee

Sure, I could use some help. I'm trying to caulk a crack in the lighthouse, but I can't reach the caulk gun.

Slide it over towards me?

So you want me to slide the caulk over to you? Umm.. ok.. Never had someone be so blunt before..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3327 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.