Missing Landlords

RazorEyed1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been renting a parcel for nearly a year now and have not needed to contact the 'landlord' for any sort of 'customer service' other than a small issue in the first two weeks of taking possesion. I now find myself with an issue with the tier box and have attempted multiple times to contact all the listed 'landlords' to no avail. After utilizing the group info I see that none of the 'landlords' have been online since last SUMMER...July and August of '14 to be exact. There are no officers listed in the group info. No notice of who to contact in such cases as this was ever received. My question is how/who do I contact at this point to get my issue resolved without resorting to moving from a parcel that fits exactly what I want in a 'home'?

If you need to move you know where you can go * wink wink nudge nudge say no more * -hugs-

I would call linden labs and inquire as to how to contact these landlords (They may be able to call on your behalf, when we had an issue with being unable to reach a TENANT they were able to contact her RL for us.)

Goodluck Dear!!!! <3

Lexy Darkstone wrote:

If you need to move you know where you can go * wink wink nudge nudge say no more * -hugs-

I would call linden labs and inquire as to how to contact these landlords (They may be able to call on your behalf, when we had an issue with being unable to reach a TENANT they were able to contact her RL for us.)

Goodluck Dear!!!! <3

LL can't do a thing here. They do not get involved in personal problems between residents and do NOT give out any personal informations or act as a messenger.

To be exact: No landlord is forced to provide any customer service AT ALL.

Unfortunatley I was afraid that would be the case. I was hoping somebody would know of some way I hadn't thought of..still kind of a noob after all...lol.

It surely seems to me that for all the money they've received from not only me but, all the other tenants(this is no small operation) they would at least designate a manager.

Thanks for your reply.

ROFL...Hiya Lexy...I'll contact you as soon as I see you in world again but, the place I have is on open waters...I can sail/fly there. I'll probably look for a private island some place. I just hate to move...all the packing and coordinating with movers and such...lol

See you soon Sweetie<3

Razor, while I agree that is terrible service and probably good reason to move even if you solve you problem this time, if you're already so desparate that you're moving, why not just not pay the tier and see if the landlords then contacts you?

IF they do, and if they solve your problem consider asking if they have a RL email that you can use to send them messages in the future (that is of course if you love the land so much that you want to stay, and, they overlook the late tier payment understanding it was an act of desparation to try to reach them).

Just my two cents worth... hope it helps.

Thanks for the reply Richie but, first...lol...I'm never late with my tier...the issue has to do with how the tier box doesn't want to give a group tag to my new wife...think about how that's going to work when my wife can't even open something she has just purchased...lol. Second, I've been trying to contact the landlords for two months now and I doubt that since, they haven't been online as the avi's that rented the parcel to me since last summer, I doubt they'll show up anytime soon.

I understand that no landlord is required to provide customer support. That being said, I also think that a group as arguably large as YourHOME should have established someone as a manager capable of providing the customer support that had been previously provided which, until this issue cropped up, had been stellar. At this point, I'm simply going to run out the tier I have already paid and move to a private island.

Thanks to all who have replied, your efforts to help are greatly appreciated.

RazorEyed1 wrote:

At this point, I'm simply going to run out the tier I have already paid and move to a private island.

I'm a little unclear here, but unless the idea is to rent a whole island from Linden Lab (for US$ 295 per month), that move would just trade one landlord for another. I mean, that may be fine, but there's no particular reason to trust a "private island" landlord any more (nor any less) than a Mainland one, only based on that distinction.

It would trade an absent landlord for a landlord that is at least active inworld. As I stated in the above posts the current parcels landlords haven't been online since last August. It's all been stated in the above posts. Why should I continue to pay for a parcel where my new wife can't open a package and has ZERO customer service? I'll spend my L's somewhere that at least has managers providing customer service.

Oh, sorry, no, I wasn't suggesting you should stay put. I just was puzzled about why the "private island" thing, specifically, in your search for a new spot.

I guess if I try really hard, I could imagine that there might be a slightly better chance of getting an active landlord if they're paying the steeper price for Estate fees rather than Mainland tier for the parcels they rent out. Maybe. And yet there are plenty of complaints against Estate owners. (Not so much here, surely, where names cannot be named, but on other forums.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.