Bought item not received, contacted and still not received

BlackCat63

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Yesterday I bought and paid for a gift for my hubby from a Marketplace seller which was to be delivered to my other half as a gift.

Fender Stratocaster Style Electric Guitar. Inspired by Fender USA

Sold by OrthoVargas Aquila Visit The StoreGift for.........
198714953L$1,4201L$1,420

When he logged in, all he had received was a coupon (ie my typed gift tag which he could not open) from the seller.  I contacted seller today, gave them all the order history and asked for it to be redelivered.  Tonight my man received ANOTHER coupon, which said he could not open and gave this message: 

You can not view or edit this script, since it has been set as no copy. You need full permissions to view or edit a script inside an object.

I have been polite, done what was asked and now I am a little annoyed.  Any advice what to do next would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

I'm slightly confused by that message.  It sounds as if your husband was not trying to open a coupon (a notecard, maybe?), but was trying to open a script.  Without knowing more about the product or any more about the transaction than you have told us, I don't know why he has a script or what it is for.  However, I can guess, because this is reasonably common ....... 

The "coupon" that your husband received was a gift card  -- a scripted object that is sort of like a prepaid gift card in RL.  Merchants sometimes offer those as a way of helping customers like you give a gift  but letting the intended recipient decide exactly which gift to buy.  If I'm right, your husband will simply have to take the card to the merchant's shop and present it when he wants to get his gift.  If it's an in-world shop, there will either be a kiosk of some sort, or the item vendors in the shop will be scripted to recognize the gift card when he presents it.  I have never used a gift card in Marketplace, but I assume there is a similar process there.  All of this should have been explained on the merchant's MP site or in-world shop, or in a notecard when he received the object.

• Like 2

Looking at the Contents Tab of this item it clearly states that a Redemption Coupon is being purchased.  Merchants are using this method these days for customers to retrieve No-Copy items so that they don't have to also use the older Magic Box Technology.

The owner of this coupon needs to either:

1) Go to the in-world store and "wear" the coupon to retrieve the gift at the Vendor or Kiosk display.

2) Simply wear the coupon so that the internal script can request delivery of the guitar from it's vendor server.

In both these cases it will arrive as an object into the Inventory folder structure and not the Received Items folder.

I agree that this could have been made clearer when the coupon object was sent.

OD>> Coupon - WEAR ME [OD>> Artist: StratusBlaster Black White]  

Also note that the contact information is as follows: Note: OrthoVargas Aquila is a Marketplace Avatar for OD Designs. Direct any questions to Ortho Vargas, the Owner.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.