How much Role Play is your SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As I spend all my time in my berlin sim I am almost always in RP, but because my avatar is pretty much like I am in RL it isn't much of an effort.

Sometimes we go off topic to discuss current or historical subjects during our daily Happy Hour and of course sometimes tenants need help with something technical.

But besides that it is the 1920s for me full time.

Jo Yardley wrote:

As I spend all my time in my berlin sim I am almost always in RP, but because my avatar is pretty much like I am in RL it isn't much of an effort.

Sometimes we go off topic to discuss current or historical subjects during our daily Happy Hour and of course sometimes tenants need help with something technical.

But besides that it is the 1920s for me full time.

Other than the rp in Tombstone being set in 1899, my character is pretty much like I am in rl, so I understand what you're saying Jo.

It makes my rp easier and more enjoyable to allow my personality and vocation to guide my character.

I used to roleplay a large portion of the time I was in SL.  However, my taking a pretty public stand on a recent SL-wide controversy when the sim I was playing in was discovered to be part of it at the time led to some consequences that soured my experience. 

After working for several months on a project, it was given to someone new (who had not worked on it at all)  based on my action of politely refusing to participate in the sim and removing references to it from my profile during the half week that they spent debating the issue.  It saddened me to do so, but I felt that as long as I was an advocate for internet privacy in my real life, I couldn't turn my back on it in my "fun" life.  When I returned two days after leaving (since the product was removed at that time),  I was told that I "deserved to lose" my work and given a chance to remain on as a "partner" to the new project owner - so long as I agreed to give up all my plans and previous work and do things her way instead.

Needless to say, I haven't been back to that sim since and that person has happily taken control of and credit for my idea and work - though they changed most of my basic premise.   They are welcome to it if that is the kind of place it was.  In a way, I am happy it happened.  I'm currently planning on turning one of my residential sims into a new roleplay one.  I have some great partners and a unique concept, but am stuck for now in the "looking for a decent builder" part. :)

So, the answer for me is - right now, not much.  Hopefully more in the near future.

There is not clear cut line for me when it comes to in and out of character. I jump into roleplaying when ever the situation or imagination demands it. My avatar is not a copy of my real world persona, so so i'm kinda RP'ing as soon as i log in, but i dont take on a role. 

I guess the roleplay comes from the surrounding atmosphere rather than from my avatar/character. If you go to a Region thats wonderfully immersive you end up feeling compelled to act appropriate to those surroundings. 

This is Freeform RP and is not how every roleplayer chooses to RP. Freeformers react to anything at anytime on a whim, but other Roleplayers prefer carefully planned structured RP's with background and goals. 

Currently I'd guess about 40% RP, 40% looking at the marketplace, 20% just chatting. Tried going to an RP sim yesterday but due to the timezone difference it was pretty dead. We still haven't decided what sort of RP we want even, but I hope that it will be a lot more of it whichever theme we pick. Before we moved over to SL we were up at well over 90% RP.

I use to play a lot really a lot  but  recently  taking break from RP why:

- lack of decent RP sim  non meter one

- lot of sim with limiting rp rules

- lot of non -realistic rp sims focusing only on "tea time" rp what more remaind costume ball then role play

But of course I my only be a grumpy woman :smileywink:

Sadly, my main sim (Chicago) no longer has much rp. However, I am rarely completely ooc. I have four avatars. Usually there are two of us on at a time. We rp together. We don't meta game either. The topic of something my alt/partner did yesterday when I wasn't on. I might say  "You never told me you did that!"

I RP alot some at New jesse and Doomed ship and some SWRP.... New jesse is not a RP thing its just a free for all gun fighting ,Doomed ship is a rp sim but its free roaming with no meters  you have to solve puzzles and see what happend to the crew  and swrp is a starwars rp and irs very slow paced if you can spare atleast a week or more just sitting around  especialy at the start when you going through traning but its all in what you like :D

i acutally spent most of my time roleplaying before i actually quit the roleplay sim... i've been inactive for the most apart and lived among the regular SL.

but i actually honestly just am getting back into it again. my main account owns a store so i spend most of my time on them... DX

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.