I Can't Log in!

CreativeNaomi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was able to log in last night and this early morning but now I can't at all. I get the login unable to pop up and I don't understand why.

Additional notes: "Could not add CreativeNaomi to the grid list. Server didn't provide grid info: 499 STATUS_ERROR. Please check if the loginurl is correct and contact support of CreativeNaomi."

5 answers to this question

You had problems a couple of years ago with DNS server issues.  You maybe having the same problem now.  If so, it could be related to the same thing that is bothering a few other SL residents.  We've had a small rash of people complaining here about DNS problems for the past week. Your computer, like theirs,  may just be a little more sensitive to such things than most. If it's something wrong in Linden Lab's servers, it should clear up when they fix it.

CreativeNaomi wrote:

[ .... ]

Additional notes: "Could not add CreativeNaomi to the grid list. Server didn't provide grid info: 499 STATUS_ERROR. Please check if the loginurl is correct and contact support of CreativeNaomi."

That's a peculiar message.  It sounds as if your viewer thinks that you want to visit a grid named CreativeNaomi.  I doubt that you could have entered that information yourself, but your viewer may be damaged so that it made the mistake by itself.  I'd suggest doing a CLEAN reinstall of the viewer to be positive that all hidden files are wiped off your computer before you download and reinstall a new copy.  Here's how you do it >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

• Like 1

Wow. I have no idea what's wrong, then. I have never seen a message like that. Your viewer is mistaking your account name for a grid name, but I have no clue how that can happen. Submit a support case, if you are a Premium member, and cross your fingers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.